For the Asun Recipe:
- 1kg Goat meat, some parts with the skin on (It’s better to make use of different body parts of the goat, if you can get it at the market)
- 3 Scotch bonnet Pepper/atarodo (this , you can adjust to your taste)
- 2 Medium sized Onion
- 2 Bouillon cubes/stock cube
- Salt to taste
- A Little water
- A little vegetable oil
- If you can’t stand the taste of goat meat, use lamb meat as a substitute
Before you start with your choice of Asun meat:
- Grind or chop the peppers coarsely(don’t blend it to paste) and set aside
- Chop the onions and set aside
- Preheat the smoker/grill until hot.
TIP: If you are using a charcoal grill, allow all the coals, to turn red, and stop bringing out flames. Then the grill is ready.
If using an oven grill, preheat for about 10 minutes on temperature 180ºC /350ºF.
Now let’s start cooking
(Method 1)(using a smoker&/outdoor grill)
1. Wash the meat and take out the large bones (if any). Pat dry with a paper towel.
TIP: I like to use uncut meat, because it is easier to roll over on the smoker/grill and saves time, bite sizes gives me wahala on the grill at this stage.
Place the meat in a bowl, and marinade with one crushed stock cube, a little oil and salt to taste(you can add more spices to your marinade,the oil is only added to help the spices stick to the meat).
You can also cover the meat and leave in a cool place/fridge to soak in the marinade for 1 hour, but that is optional.
2. Place the meat on the hot grill/smoker and grill one side, then turn over and do the same for the other side, until the meat is properly cooked on both sides (but not dried out).
3. Next, take out the smoked meat from the grill and cut into bite sizes (that’s if you are using uncut goat meat)
4. Place a pan on heat, add 2 tablespoonful vegetable oil; add the peppers and onions and pour in the meat pieces.
Stir fry for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Then, add a little water to help form a thin paste for the mixture and finally, add the second stock cube and salt to taste. Stirring constantly for another 3 to 5 minutes.
And the Asun is ready. Serve and enjoy.
Malawian recipes: grilled chambo fish
Add olive oil to a saucepan. Then add turmeric, ginger, sugar and raisins. Put on a low heat to dissolve the sugar and infuse the spices. Remove from the heat, add coconut milk and whisk rapidly. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a dash of lemon juice. If the sauce seems a little thin, thicken with a little roux.
Salad Muffins Recipe for Pizza
Muffin salty pizza way!
Ingredients for 11 pieces:
180 gr of flour
1 sachet of baking powder
150 gr of white ham
10 cl of olive oil
10 cl of milk
100 gr of shredded
3 eggs salt and pepper (is not that a spice ???)
2 fresh tomatoes cut into small herbs de provence
some black olives
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C In a dish mix the flour and the yeast then make a well. In another dish beat the eggs with milk, olive oil and then pour this mixture into the flour. Mix then add about 50 grams of grated, then cut the ham into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dough into muffin molds and place on top a few dices of fresh tomatoes, grated, a pinch of Provence herbs and a black olive in the center. Bake 25 minutes (heat ventilated fifteen minutes then normal heat)
Fried fish, vegetable salad
For a table of 4
In your cart :
4 medium fish –
1 tsp chili – salt – pepper –
1 tbsp strong mustard –
1 fillet of vinegar –
1/2 cube broth –
2 tablespoons olive oil –
500g of potato –
2 tomatoes –
250g of onions –
2 feet of salad –
1/2 bunch of Chinese parsley –
1 tbsp honey 2 eggs
How to do :
Clean the fish and draw regular furrows.
Mix salt and chili, coat and cook in a frying bath.
Wash and cut salad, parsley.
Slice the onion, marinate a portion with mustard, vinegar, broth, honey, a pinch of salt and pepper.
Mix with tomatoes and potatoes cooked with water and cut.
Decorate with the boiled eggs.