11/3 cups of Oat (Quaker oats would work)
1 mashed ripe banana
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Handful of raisins
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Handful of M&M’s
Handful of Coconut flakes
Whisk your egg and add your vanilla. Mix them with the banana and raisins.
Add the dry ingredients and mix all together.
Heat up your oven to 350 F and either grease a pan or use parchment paper on foil paper so it does not stick.
Scoop your mixture onto the foil. If you are mixing the cookies with M&M’s or coconut flakes, this would be the time to roll the mixture in them. Feel free to make your cookies flatter. I made mine chunky because I love chewy chunky cookies.
Bake for 10 minutes on one side, turn them over and bake for 10 more minutes. Serve warm with tea.
African Coffee Biscuits
Prep : 30 m
Cook : 10 m
Ready In : 40 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir boiling water and coffee powder in a small bowl until coffee is dissolved. Stir in apricot jam. Mix into the creamed butter mixture.
- Stir milk and baking soda in a small bowl until baking soda is dissolved. Add vanilla extract. Stir into the creamed butter mixture.
- Combine cake flour and salt in a bowl; add to the creamed butter mixture. Stir well until a dough forms.
- Fill a cookie press with dough. Pipe dough onto the baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Source : allrecipes.com
South African Milk Tart
Prep : 15 m
Cook : 20 m
Ready In : 1 h 5 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine 1/2 cup margarine and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until creamy. Add 2 cups flour, 1 egg, baking powder, and salt; mix well until dough comes together.
- Press dough into bottom and sides of two 8-inch pie plates to form crusts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine milk and 1 teaspoon margarine in a saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Mix 1 1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 2 1/2 teaspoons flour, cornstarch, and vanilla extract into a smooth paste in a bowl. Pour over hot milk in the saucepan.
- Return saucepan to medium heat and stir milk mixture until thick, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Divide milk mixture evenly between the cooled crusts. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Cool until filling is set, about 30 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com
Recipe for Chocolate Banana Bread
4 Ripe Bananas
9 tablespoon of Softened Butter
11/3 cups of Sugar
A pinch of Salt
2 2/3 cups of all purpose Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 cup of semi-sweet Chocolate chips
1/2 cup of Coconut flakes
Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl except the coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
Combine both wet and dry ingredients and beat till the mixture is smooth.
Grease your baking pan with some oil and pour in mixture into baking pan. Top it with the chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Serve warm with tea or coffee