To make ewa aganyin, here’s what you’ll need: Beans (Regular & Ewa Aganyin)
4 cups beans
2 cups shawa (dried fish)
1 m red bell pepper
2 m tomatoes
1 s/m red onion
3 habaneros or rodo
1 s sweet yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
2 knorr cubes
3 tbsps Goya Adobo seasoning w/ pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup palm oil
1 cup canola oil
1. Pick beans, remove dirt and stones. Rinse 3 times, drain.
2. Blend red bell pepper, habaneros, tomatoes, onion, 2 garlic cloves. Add 2 cups water (will be a watery mix). Put pot on stove over medium heat. Add palm and canola oil. Let heat (not smoking).
3. Add blended mixture to pot. Add beans to mixture. Reduce heat to low.
4. Slice remaining garlic clove and yellow onion into beans (will all dissolve). Let cook on low heat for 1.5 hrs.
5. Add seasonings. Stir and let cook further (still on low heat).
6. In a small bowl, add hot water to dried fish (soak for 15 minutes). Pick bones apart. Add to beans and stir. Let cook for another half hour. At this point, it should be very soft and mushy (you should still see some whole beans though, if not you can mash to get it ‘mushier’). There will be some oil floating on the top, simply mix together.
7. Turn off heat. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
To make regular beans:
- Add picked beans to boiling water. Slice onions and garlic into beans. Let cook for at at least an hour on medium heat. Once it has reached your desired softness, reduce heat to low.
- Add palm oil. Add seasonings (add dried red pepper as well). Add shawa (dried fish enhances the flavor… optional). Mix together thoroughly. Let cook another 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Beans are best eaten with plantain, in my opinion. It can also be eaten with rice or with garri (dried cassava) sprinkled over the top. My cousins did teach me to eat beans with granulated sugar sprinkled over the top, gross but yummy!
Malawian recipes: grilled chambo fish
Add olive oil to a saucepan. Then add turmeric, ginger, sugar and raisins. Put on a low heat to dissolve the sugar and infuse the spices. Remove from the heat, add coconut milk and whisk rapidly. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a dash of lemon juice. If the sauce seems a little thin, thicken with a little roux.
Salad Muffins Recipe for Pizza
Muffin salty pizza way!
Ingredients for 11 pieces:
180 gr of flour
1 sachet of baking powder
150 gr of white ham
10 cl of olive oil
10 cl of milk
100 gr of shredded
3 eggs salt and pepper (is not that a spice ???)
2 fresh tomatoes cut into small herbs de provence
some black olives
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C In a dish mix the flour and the yeast then make a well. In another dish beat the eggs with milk, olive oil and then pour this mixture into the flour. Mix then add about 50 grams of grated, then cut the ham into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dough into muffin molds and place on top a few dices of fresh tomatoes, grated, a pinch of Provence herbs and a black olive in the center. Bake 25 minutes (heat ventilated fifteen minutes then normal heat)
Fried fish, vegetable salad
For a table of 4
In your cart :
4 medium fish –
1 tsp chili – salt – pepper –
1 tbsp strong mustard –
1 fillet of vinegar –
1/2 cube broth –
2 tablespoons olive oil –
500g of potato –
2 tomatoes –
250g of onions –
2 feet of salad –
1/2 bunch of Chinese parsley –
1 tbsp honey 2 eggs
How to do :
Clean the fish and draw regular furrows.
Mix salt and chili, coat and cook in a frying bath.
Wash and cut salad, parsley.
Slice the onion, marinate a portion with mustard, vinegar, broth, honey, a pinch of salt and pepper.
Mix with tomatoes and potatoes cooked with water and cut.
Decorate with the boiled eggs.