- 48 ml Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- 48 ml butter
- 1200 ml milk
- 600 ml Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 80 g All Gold Tomato Paste
- 1 can KOO Lentils, drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 72 ml Olive Oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 1.6 kg beef mince
- 100 ml Parmesan cheese
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 32 ml mixed herbs
- 24 ml sweet basil
- 16 ml barbeque spice
- Fattis and Monis lasagna sheets
Pot, Baking dish, Whisk
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a large casserole dish.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2 min, until fragrant.
- Stir in the peppers and then add the mince in batched, stirring until browned.
- Add the herbs, spices and black pepper, stir in the tomato paste, canned tomatoes, lentils and chicken stock. Reduce the heat and allow simmering for 30 minutes or until cooked, thickened and flavoursome.
- Stir in some Parmesan and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pot until melted. Remove from heat and stir in flour to make a paste.
- Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Return to the heat and bring to boil, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat and stir in 200ml Cheddar cheese.
- Spread a layer of white sauce at the bottom of the casserole/baking dish, followed by lasagna sheets, ending with the mince mixture.
- Repeat the layers ending with the white sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and chopped parsley over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the cheese has melted and lasagne sheets are cooked. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.