- 600 gr of beef cut into large cubes
- 700 gr of crushed apples
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- diced tomatoes
- 1 large leek thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Some branches of thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 liter of water or beef broth
- 1 C of paprika
- Salt, freshly ground pepper and a little oil
Salt, pepper the pieces of meat and brown them with a little oil.
Add the garlic, onion, leek, and carrot and stir and leave to sweat. Add the tomato, stir and simmer for a few minutes.
Add the water, the thyme, cover and cook the meat about 25 min
Add the apples, the paprika, stir well then cover and cook the apples 20 to 30 min, stir from time to time.
Once the apples are cooked, add the parsley, stir, check the seasoning and simmer 2 min. Your stew is ready. Beef stew with potatoes
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com