– 250g of flour
– 25g of powdered sugar
– 8 g of baker’s yeast
– 6g of salt
– 80g of butter
– 3 eggs
– 10cl of milk
– 400g caster sugar
– 1 large glass of orange juice
– 2 bananas, cut into slices
– In a salad bowl put the sifted flour, salt, add 1 tablespoon of milk and add the yeast in a few spoonfuls of hot milk, mix with a spatula, add the eggs and work well Add the rest of milk and sugar and continue to work the dough, stir in the butter cut into pieces and knead the whole to obtain a paste homogeneous. Cover with a damp cloth and let stand for 45 mn.
– Put the dough in a mold in buttered and floured crown, cover with a damp cloth and let swell for 1h30min.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 40 minutes, let cool and unmold it on a rack.
– Prepare the syrup: in a heavy-bottomed saucepan put the sugar with 3 tablespoons of water and let melt on low heat, add the orange juice and cook until the mixture turns into syrup.
– Pour the hot syrup several times on the baba until it is well soaked and garnish it with banana rings.