– 250g of flour
– 25g of powdered sugar
– 8 g of baker’s yeast
– 6g of salt
– 80g of butter
– 3 eggs
– 10cl of milk
– 400g caster sugar
– 1 large glass of orange juice
– 2 bananas, cut into slices
– In a salad bowl put the sifted flour, salt, add 1 tablespoon of milk and add the yeast in a few spoonfuls of hot milk, mix with a spatula, add the eggs and work well Add the rest of milk and sugar and continue to work the dough, stir in the butter cut into pieces and knead the whole to obtain a paste homogeneous. Cover with a damp cloth and let stand for 45 mn.
– Put the dough in a mold in buttered and floured crown, cover with a damp cloth and let swell for 1h30min.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 40 minutes, let cool and unmold it on a rack.
– Prepare the syrup: in a heavy-bottomed saucepan put the sugar with 3 tablespoons of water and let melt on low heat, add the orange juice and cook until the mixture turns into syrup.
– Pour the hot syrup several times on the baba until it is well soaked and garnish it with banana rings.
Recipe from Kelewele
Kelewele is a Ghanaian delicacy of fried and spicy plantain that is all the rage. It is sometimes served with rice and a stew or peanuts, or alone as a dessert or snack. It is also popular for breakfast.
1 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
The juice of a lemon
Oil for frying
Peel and cut plantains into small cubes and mix with lemon juice.
Mix the spices and roll the plantain cubes into this mixture. Allow to stand for at least 10 minutes.
Heat the oil. Fry cubes in hot oil until golden brown. Make sure the cubes do not stick together.
Drop and sprinkle with salt and dry parsley. Serve hot.
Recipe of Pancakes
Ingredients / for 4 people
250g of flour
1/2 l of milk
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons sugar
50 g of melted butter
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 1
1Pour the flour in a bowl with salt and sugar. Make a well in the middle and pour the eggs lightly beaten with a fork.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – 2nd step
Start gently stirring the flour with a wooden spoon.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 3
When the mixture becomes thick, add the cold milk little by little, you can use a whisk but always gently to avoid lumps.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 4
2When all the milk is mixed, the dough must be fairly fluid, if it appears too thick, add in little milk.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 5
Then add the melted butter, mix well.
Cook the pancakes in a hot pan (no need for fat, it is already in the dough). Pour a small ladle of dough into the frying pan, make a rotating motion to distribute the dough over the whole surface, lay on the fire and when the turn of the pancake is colored clear, it is time to turn it over. Let cook about a minute on this side and the pancake is ready. Repeat until the dough is depleted.
Flour: 240 g
For the mold: 20 g
Chemical yeast: 0.5 sachet
Butter softened: 240 g
For the mold: 20 g
Sugar powder: 240 g
Salt: 1 pinch
Calories = High
1 Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (6). Whisk the butter with the powdered sugar and salt until an ointment is obtained.
2 Incorporate the eggs one by one, then the flour and baking powder together.
3 Butter and flour a rectangular cake pan, pour in the dough, then smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake for about 50 minutes: the blade of a knife planted in the heart of the cake must come out dry.
4 Let cool in the mold, out of the oven, then unmold and cut into parts.