A Simple List of Ingredients:
1. Boneless Chicken Pieces
2. Ginger Paste
3. Garlic Paste
4. Plain Yoghurt
5. Red Chilli Powder
6. Tandoori Powder
7. Lemon Juice
9. Vegetable Oil
10. Red Onion
11. Tortilla Wraps
12. Grated Cheddar Cheese
15. Green Yoghurt Chutney
Bismillah, let’s begin!
Cut 1 pound Boneless Chicken Pieces into strips, and place into a bowl.
1/2 teaspoon Ginger Paste
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Paste
3 tablespoons Plain Yoghurt.
This is the tandoori powder that I used.
Add 2 tablespoons Tandoori Powder and 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder.
Along with the juice of 1/2 a Lemon.
Season with 1 teaspoon Salt, and mix well. Set aside to marinade for a few hours but you can cook it straight away if you’re in a rush.
To cook, heat 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil in a large pan.
Throw in 1 Red Onion which has been peeled and thinly sliced.
Cook the onion over a medium heat until softened and light brown.
Then, add in the marinated chicken.
Stir fry the chicken for a few minutes.
Cover and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Once cooked, uncover.
Stir fry on a high heat until it dries out slightly. Remove from the heat.
Time to assemble! Take a Tortilla Wrap – I used a garlic and herb flavour but any will do!
Put 1/4 of the cooked chicken in the middle.
Sprinkle on some Grated Cheddar Cheese. Mozzarella would be good here too.
Add on some Shredded Lettuce.
Along with Sliced Tomatoes. You could any other salad you want as well.
Make a batch of Green Yoghurt Chutney.
Add a few dollops of the chutney.
Tightly fold the wrap to make a rectangle kind of shape.
Spray a frying pan with non-stick spray or oil it. Heat it up and then put the wrap in.
Continue making the rest of the wraps – this recipe makes 4 large ones.
But keep you eye on the pan. You want the wrap to be golden brown on both sides – and than happens quite quickly.
Once it’s done, slice through the middle.
Recipe for Banana Bread
4.5 tablespoons of butter, softened
2 ripe bananas
2/3 cup of sugar
a pinch of salt
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Mash the bananas till it’s smooth.
Whisk the eggs and set aside.
Mix all your dry ingredients except the sugar and set aside
Mix the butter, egg and sugar and cream it. Add the mashed bananas to this mixture and mix till smooth.
Pour the wet ingredients to the bowl of the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly till smooth incorporating air as you mix.
Pre-Heat the oven to 375F, grease the pan and pour in your mixture and place in the oven. It should take roughly 25-30 minutes to bake fully. To make sure it’s ready, stick a toothpick in it and if the toothpick comes out clear you are good to go. Allow to cool for a bit and serve 🙂
P.S: If you would be adding walnuts, currants or chocolate chips, add it to the mixture before pouring it into the pan while you are incorporating air.
Recipe for Akara Pancake
A Cup of Bean Flour
1 egg white
1/4 bulb of Onion
1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
Half of a Seasoning cube
1/2 cup of water
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
For Egg White Omelette
3 Egg Whites
A handful of chopped Spring Onion
1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley
Half of Yellow Pepper
1/2 of Red Bell Pepper
Half of a bulb of Red Onion
1/2 of an Avocado
2 small Tomatoes
One Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
1 Seasoning cube
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
In a bowl, mix your bean flour, blended onion and pepper, egg white, seasoning cube and water.
In a pan with heated oil, scoop the akara pancake mix into the pan and allow to brown on both sides.
Flip pancake on each side to make sure it cooks.
For the Egg White Omelette
Chop your vegetables and set aside.
Whisk your eggs, season with seasoning cube and black pepper and set aside.
Heat up your pan and stir fry the vegetables on medium heat for one minute.
Pour in your eggs and stir fry with the vegetables and allow the eggs to set.
Chop up your avocado and mix with your egg white omelette to serve with the akara pancake.
Ham & Pea Pancakes
- 1½ cup Golden Cloud Flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½c buttermilk
- 220 g ham
- 1 can KOO Fresh Garden Peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Large measuring cup or bowl, whisk, large non-stick pan
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until fully incorporated. Stir in the ham and peas.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Check the heat by sprinkling the skillet with water – when the water bubbles and evaporates immediately, pour 3 x ¼ cups of batter into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles begin to appear around the edges and in the center, about 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, peek under the pancakes to check if they are golden brown then carefully flip them.
- Cook the pancakes 1 minute more, peeking to make sure the underside is golden brown. Transfer them to a baking sheet and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and chives; serve with the pancakes.
Source : www.koo.co.za