– 1 chicken cut into 4 pieces
– 5 onions, thinly sliced
– 3 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 grated fresh grated ginger root
– 4 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1 tablespoon of mustard
– 2 teaspoons of smen
– 4 tablespoons of oil
– 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
– 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
– 1 teaspoon of honey
– Salt, pepper, ginger, turmeric, saffron
– In a bowl mix the grated fresh ginger, soy sauce, honey, chopped parsley, chopped coriander, chopped garlic, smen, mustard and spices, add chicken pieces, brush well with mixture and let marinate for 30 minutes.
– Heat the oil in a baking dish and sauté the chopped onions until they become translucent, spread over the chicken pieces with their marinade, moisten with 1 glass of water.
– Place the dish in a preheated oven at 220 ° C and cook until the onions are golden and caramelized and the chicken pieces browned by turning the chicken pieces occasionally during cooking.
– Serve immediately.