– Rice cakes
– 2 chicken breasts
– 2 carrots
– Some salad leaves
– 12 black mushrooms
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– Salt pepper
– Soak black mushrooms in hot water until they are swollen, cut into small pieces.
– Peel carrots and cut into julienne.
– Place the carrot julienne on a plate and sprinkle with sugar and salt and let stand for 15 minutes then dip them in hot vinegar water, dry them on a clean cloth.
– Cut the chicken pieces into pieces, put them on a plate and pour over the soy sauce, mix well and marinate for 15 minutes, drain and mix.
– Cut the salad leaves into strips.
– Immerse each leaf of rice in the warm sweet water so that it is softened, then place it on a cloth to absorb the excess water.
– Put the salad, a teaspoon of chicken, the carrot, the pieces of mushrooms on the top of the cake, salt and pepper, cover the stuffing with the cake. Fold the sides and finally, roll tightly, continue the same operation with the other patties and stuffing.
– Fry the nems in a bath of hot oil until golden, drain on paper towels.
– Serve immediately.
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com