– Rice cakes
– 2 chicken breasts
– 2 carrots
– Some salad leaves
– 12 black mushrooms
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– Salt pepper
– Soak black mushrooms in hot water until they are swollen, cut into small pieces.
– Peel carrots and cut into julienne.
– Place the carrot julienne on a plate and sprinkle with sugar and salt and let stand for 15 minutes then dip them in hot vinegar water, dry them on a clean cloth.
– Cut the chicken pieces into pieces, put them on a plate and pour over the soy sauce, mix well and marinate for 15 minutes, drain and mix.
– Cut the salad leaves into strips.
– Immerse each leaf of rice in the warm sweet water so that it is softened, then place it on a cloth to absorb the excess water.
– Put the salad, a teaspoon of chicken, the carrot, the pieces of mushrooms on the top of the cake, salt and pepper, cover the stuffing with the cake. Fold the sides and finally, roll tightly, continue the same operation with the other patties and stuffing.
– Fry the nems in a bath of hot oil until golden, drain on paper towels.
– Serve immediately.
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.