– 1 chicken (for me 3 drumsticks and 3 pieces of white)
– 1 finely chopped onion
– 2 cloves garlic
– Ginger powder
– 1 / box of coriande
– 1 pot Knor flavor chicken
– 1 small box of chickpeas
– 400 g of fine vermicelli
– Olive oil
– 700 to 800 ml of water
– A nice handful of roasted pine nuts
Heat the oil in a pot. Add the onion and sweat for at least 8 minutes.
Then add the chicken cut into pieces, the garlic, the salt, the pepper (for me Espelette pepper), the turmeric; ginger, cinnamon and paprika. Let cook for a few minutes so that the flavors develop.
Then add water, chicken broth, chickpeas and coriander.
Cook on low heat until chicken is tender.
Remove the chicken and brown all sides in a frying pan with a little oil.
While the chicken cooks prepare and cook your vermicelli.
In the top of a couscoussier (colander) put your vermicelli that you will have well mixed with 6 c soup of neutral oil. Salt and place on the couscoussier in which you put water to heat.
Steam the pasta by ‘turning’ them 3 times as you do with couscous semolina.
Whenever you turn your pasta, water them generously with water (1/2 glass) with your hands and stir them with a fork so that they come off perfectly.
When serving, put the vermicelli, then add the chicken, chickpeas and pine nuts.
Moderately sprinkle cooking juice.
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.