Ingredients for this recipe:
1 pouch Egg noodles
Sliced red onions
Sliced up spring onions
Sliced sweet pepper
Chopped green beans
Chopped scotch bonnet
Diced chicken breast
Finely chopped garlic
Finely chopped ginger
Seasons- Onga shrimp tablet
Chaw Mein stir fry sauce
1 Wash clean the vegetables and cut into desired shapes and sizes
2 Slice the mushrooms
3 Get ready the shrimps( Frozen shrimps must be defrosted)
4 Wash clean the chicken breast and cut into desired sizes
5 Heat salted water for the noodles. Allow to boil and add the noodles
6 let it boil for four minutes or as instructed on the pack
7 Strain the noodles when ready
8 Add a table spoonful of oil to the noodles to help prevent them stick together
9 Pour 2 Table spoons of oil into the wok or saucepan
10 Add the red onion to the oil and fry for about a minute
11 Add the chicken and stir
12 Add the ginger and garlic and stir
13 Add the shrimps and stir
14 Add the season- onga
15 Add the black pepper
16 Add the chopped scotch bonnet or chilli and the mushroom
17 Allow to cook for a couple more minutes
18 Check for the salt, and add salt if needed.
19 Add the sweet pepper, green beans, carrots and spring onions
20 Stir well and allow to cook for about 2 min
21 Add some stir fry sauce and allow to warm through, stir
22 Now Add the cooked noodles and stir to mix well.
23 Add a little soy sauce and stir
24 Serve with chop sticks or fork.
Source : recipes.ghanaculturepolitics.com
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.