Ingredients for this recipe:
1 pouch Egg noodles
Sliced red onions
Sliced up spring onions
Sliced sweet pepper
Chopped green beans
Chopped scotch bonnet
Diced chicken breast
Finely chopped garlic
Finely chopped ginger
Seasons- Onga shrimp tablet
Chaw Mein stir fry sauce
1 Wash clean the vegetables and cut into desired shapes and sizes
2 Slice the mushrooms
3 Get ready the shrimps( Frozen shrimps must be defrosted)
4 Wash clean the chicken breast and cut into desired sizes
5 Heat salted water for the noodles. Allow to boil and add the noodles
6 let it boil for four minutes or as instructed on the pack
7 Strain the noodles when ready
8 Add a table spoonful of oil to the noodles to help prevent them stick together
9 Pour 2 Table spoons of oil into the wok or saucepan
10 Add the red onion to the oil and fry for about a minute
11 Add the chicken and stir
12 Add the ginger and garlic and stir
13 Add the shrimps and stir
14 Add the season- onga
15 Add the black pepper
16 Add the chopped scotch bonnet or chilli and the mushroom
17 Allow to cook for a couple more minutes
18 Check for the salt, and add salt if needed.
19 Add the sweet pepper, green beans, carrots and spring onions
20 Stir well and allow to cook for about 2 min
21 Add some stir fry sauce and allow to warm through, stir
22 Now Add the cooked noodles and stir to mix well.
23 Add a little soy sauce and stir
24 Serve with chop sticks or fork.
Source : recipes.ghanaculturepolitics.com
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com
Curry Beef Soup
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Cook onions and beef cubes until beef is browned and onions are tender.
- Add the beef stock, curry and bay leaves. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, vinegar and salt. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour until all is tender. Remove bay leaves, and serve hot.