4 Ripe Bananas
9 tablespoon of Softened Butter
11/3 cups of Sugar
A pinch of Salt
2 2/3 cups of all purpose Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 cup of semi-sweet Chocolate chips
1/2 cup of Coconut flakes
Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl except the coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
Combine both wet and dry ingredients and beat till the mixture is smooth.
Grease your baking pan with some oil and pour in mixture into baking pan. Top it with the chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Serve warm with tea or coffee
Recipe for Banana Bread
4.5 tablespoons of butter, softened
2 ripe bananas
2/3 cup of sugar
a pinch of salt
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Mash the bananas till it’s smooth.
Whisk the eggs and set aside.
Mix all your dry ingredients except the sugar and set aside
Mix the butter, egg and sugar and cream it. Add the mashed bananas to this mixture and mix till smooth.
Pour the wet ingredients to the bowl of the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly till smooth incorporating air as you mix.
Pre-Heat the oven to 375F, grease the pan and pour in your mixture and place in the oven. It should take roughly 25-30 minutes to bake fully. To make sure it’s ready, stick a toothpick in it and if the toothpick comes out clear you are good to go. Allow to cool for a bit and serve 🙂
P.S: If you would be adding walnuts, currants or chocolate chips, add it to the mixture before pouring it into the pan while you are incorporating air.
Recipe for Akara Pancake
A Cup of Bean Flour
1 egg white
1/4 bulb of Onion
1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
Half of a Seasoning cube
1/2 cup of water
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
For Egg White Omelette
3 Egg Whites
A handful of chopped Spring Onion
1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley
Half of Yellow Pepper
1/2 of Red Bell Pepper
Half of a bulb of Red Onion
1/2 of an Avocado
2 small Tomatoes
One Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
1 Seasoning cube
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
In a bowl, mix your bean flour, blended onion and pepper, egg white, seasoning cube and water.
In a pan with heated oil, scoop the akara pancake mix into the pan and allow to brown on both sides.
Flip pancake on each side to make sure it cooks.
For the Egg White Omelette
Chop your vegetables and set aside.
Whisk your eggs, season with seasoning cube and black pepper and set aside.
Heat up your pan and stir fry the vegetables on medium heat for one minute.
Pour in your eggs and stir fry with the vegetables and allow the eggs to set.
Chop up your avocado and mix with your egg white omelette to serve with the akara pancake.
Ham & Pea Pancakes
- 1½ cup Golden Cloud Flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½c buttermilk
- 220 g ham
- 1 can KOO Fresh Garden Peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Large measuring cup or bowl, whisk, large non-stick pan
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until fully incorporated. Stir in the ham and peas.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Check the heat by sprinkling the skillet with water – when the water bubbles and evaporates immediately, pour 3 x ¼ cups of batter into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles begin to appear around the edges and in the center, about 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, peek under the pancakes to check if they are golden brown then carefully flip them.
- Cook the pancakes 1 minute more, peeking to make sure the underside is golden brown. Transfer them to a baking sheet and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and chives; serve with the pancakes.
Source : www.koo.co.za