- 75g (3oz) cocoa powder
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g (10oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 400g (13oz) caster sugar
- 50ml (2fl oz) sunflower oil
- 250g (80z) unsalted butter, softened
For the honeycomb
- 1 tsp oil or butter, to grease
- 200g (7oz) caster sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the salted buttercream
- 300g (10oz) salted butter
- 600g (1lb 10oz) icing sugar
- 3 tbsp salted caramel sauce
- 100g (3 1/2oz) salted caramel sauce
- 1 x 140g box salted caramel truffles
- 1 x 37g bag Maltesers
Smores Bars 😋😋😍
|8||oz||quick crescent dinner rolls|
|6||oz||chocolate chips, semi-sweet|
|10||each||marshamallows, cut in half|
|Heat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13×9 inch pan; press dough over bottom, sealing perforations well. Sprinkle chips evenly over dough. Place marshmallow halves over chips, cut-side-down, in five rows of four.|
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool about 15 minutes. Cut in squares around marshmallows.
Thiacry yogurt with millet
For about 8 to 10 glasses of thiakry
300g of thiakry in sachet
2 tablespoons butter
A handful of raisins
5 tablespoons orange blossom
1kg of white cheese (curd)
5 sachets of vanilla sugar
1 jar of unsweetened concentrated milk (about 400g)
Sugar: at will (I put about 8 tablespoons)
You can also add grated coconut. For the recipe, 3 tablespoons grated coconut should be enough.
1 pinch nutmeg (optional).
To prepare the thiacry you have three possibilities:
– Boil 40cl of water, and add in a container containing thiacry. Leave to stand for about 15 minutes until the water is completely absorbed and the thiacry grains soften.
– Place the thiacry in a bowl that can go to the microwave and add 40cl of water. Leave to cook for 10 to 15 minutes in a microwave. Add a little water and lengthen the cooking time if necessary. At the end of cooking the water must completely evaporate and the grains of thiacry must soften.
– Thoroughly wet the thiacry and set aside. Boil water in the pot of a cousscoussier. Add the wet thiacry to the cousscoussier. Leave to cook for about 15 minutes, until the beans are cooked (soft).
Once the thiacry is cooked, add the butter. Mix well. Add raisins, grated coconut and a pinch of nutmeg. Mix. Cover the thiacry with a light towel and set aside.
Prepare the milk sauce that accompanies the thiacry as follows.
In a large salad bowl, add the white cheese (soow in Wolof) or curd. Add powdered sugar (at will), vanilla sugar and orange blossom. Mix.
Add the concentrated milk, either in full, or just to get the consistency you want. About myself I put all the milk jug concentrated.
Mix well. Taste and add, if necessary, sugar, vanilla sugar, orange blossom, etc.
Cover the salad bowl and chill until ready to serve.
When serving, gradually add thiacry to the milk bowl until it has the desired consistency. Mix.
Serve in glasses or small bowls.
I added over some raisins just for presentation
This weekend, I looked for a fun and easy cake to make that would ooh and aah my guests. I really wanted to make a cake that did not require a lot of time and effort, because I had other time- consuming recipes to make
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 extra large eggs
3 extra large eggs yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon pure almond flavor
1½ cups sour cream
3 cups Cake flour
2 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp cocoa powder (use a good brand it makes all the difference)
3 tbsp hot water
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
Preheat oven to 325 degrees grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan .Set aside
Mix together cake flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, and sugar together using a mixer for about 2 minutes, then add sour cream beat until light and fluffy. It will take approximately 4-5 minutes altogether.
Beat eggs and egg yolk in a separate bowl , and then add flour mixture and the egg mixture alternating between the both of them, beginning and ending with the flour to the butter mixture.
Stir in the vanilla and the almond extracts, scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, mix the cocoa powder, coffee and hot water together to make a smooth chocolate paste
Fold in the chocolate paste with about ⅓ of the cake batter. Mix well until fully incorporated, alternating spoon vanilla and chocolate layers into prepared pan to simulate a checkerboard.
With a large spoon, cut and twist through batters to obtain marbled effect. Tap the pan firmly to remove air pockets.
Bake cake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 45–50minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes