1 large cabbage
Mixture of meat:
3.5 kg ground beef semi-lean
3 finely chopped onions
3 finely chopped carrots
4 finely chopped celery stalks
1 foot broccoli, finely chopped
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 tablespoons flax seeds (optional)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
2 teaspoons steak spices
4 teaspoons liquid concentrated liquid beef broth
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 3/4 cup rice (mixed with wild rice)
1 can (284 ml) tomato soup
5 cans (796 mL) diced tomatoes
1 can (680 ml) Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
2 cans (284 mL) tomato soup
2 tablespoons sea salt
2 tablespoons black pepper
Remove the heart of the cabbage and cook it halfway. Remove the cabbage leaves one by one, taking care not to break them. If desired, unpack them by running cold water from the tap near the heart and using a spoon. Reserve the cabbage leaves.
Mix the meat with vegetables, seasonings and rice. Mix the milk with the bread crumbs. Mix together by adding the can of tomato soup. Prepare large balls and set aside.
Mix all the ingredients for the sauce except 1 can of diced tomatoes. Place the sauce in a very large roasting pan.
Take a pellet from the meat mixture and roll it with a cabbage leaf. Stitch with a toothpick if desired. Repeat for all pellets and place in roasting pan.
Add the last can of diced tomatoes over the cabbage cigars. If leaves of cabbage are left, place them on the whole to avoid having to water during cooking. Otherwise, water at least 4 times during cooking.
Bake at 300 ° F for about 2 hours.
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.