- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 C. With vanilla
- 1 C. Salt
- 5 cups flour
- 1 sachet of instant yeast
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 c. With cinnamon
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 c. Cream
- 1 C. With vanilla
In the bowl of the stand mixer, pour the instant yeast pouch and half the flour (2 1/2 cups)
In a small saucepan, heat gently, milk, with 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Do not bring to a boil, just hot enough to melt the butter. Pour this mixture into the mixer bowl, onto the yeast and 2 1/2 cups of flour.
Add the eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.
Before proceeding, install the kneading hook and add the remaining flour. Knead until soft and no longer sticky, about 5 minutes.
Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and put the bowl in a warm place (me in the oven with the light on) until the dough doubles in volume, about 1 to 2 hours.
Pour the dough over a clean surface and let stand for 1 minute. Roll the dough into a rectangular about 18 x 12 inches. Mix the ingredients of the cinnamon filling in a bowl and spread evenly over the dough leaving a thumb uncovered along the rim. Roll in the shape of a cylinder and cut into 12 washers. Oil a rectangular mold slightly and place the washers. Let stand still until the double volume washers.
Heat the oven to 350 ° F. For 30 to 35 minutes.
Prepare the icing by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Once cooled, glaze the buns and serve.
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.