– 1 cockerel
– 1 tablespoon of butter
– 1 teaspoon of water
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
– Smen (rinsed butter)
-2 poultry liver cut into small pieces
-2 chicken gizzards cut into small pieces
– 1 tablespoon of vinegar
– A little green olives cut into slices
– Salt, pepper, cumin, sweet pepper
– Place the pieces of livers and gizzards in a saucepan of water, add the vinegar, cook over medium heat until the offal is cooked, drain in a strainer.
– In a bowl mix the offal, chopped parsley, olives, salt, pepper, cumin and sweet pepper.
– Stuff the cockerel with this preparation, bridle the opening with the kitchen wire.
– Put the butter, garlic and 1 teaspoon of water in a casserole, add the stuffed cockerel and close the casserole, count 15 minutes of cooking from the rotation of the valve, remove from the fire, Escape the steam then open the casserole.
– Place the stuffed squid in a baking dish, brush it with the smen.
– Cook in a preheated oven at 180 ° C until the cockerel is golden brown on all sides.
– Serve immediately.
Vegetable couscous – Algeria
Step 1: Set up
Gather your ingredients for the seven vegetable couscous made in honour of Algeria’s opening World Cup game against Belgium.
Serves 4-6 hands
60ml olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
4 carrots, peeled and chopped into 3cm chunks
2 turnips, peeled and chopped into 3cm chunks
1/2 head of cabbage, chopped into 3cm pieces
470ml water plus 1400ml boiling water
2 Courgette (zucchini), chopped into 3cm chunks
1 squash butternut, peeled and chopped into – 3cm chunks
240g (1 can) chickpeas, drained
Salt and pepper to season
1 bunch of coriander, chopped
7 vegetable couscous – Algeria
Algeria didn’t reach full satisfaction against Belgium in their World Cup battle; putting up a well-organised fight, they lacked the final punch, much like this seven vegetable couscous (full disclosure!).
There are 11 steps and 11 pictures in the reppic – Epic Recipe in Pictures – to make this very simple, super-tasty vegetable couscous full of nutrition and goodness.
Full disclosure – this recipe, though easy to pull together for those in a rush, lacked the full depth and punch to do justice to Maghreb cuisine, needing fuller-tasting ingredients and spices to win this game, always going to be a tough one against the land of gourmet that is Belgium.
If you don’t want to take our word for it, give it a shot and let us know what you think, or better still, advise on any better recipe you know of in the comments .
Approximate time 50 minutes to 1 hour -10 minutes preparing the vegetables and 40- 50 minutes cooking time.
Crispy Fish with Charred Corn and Sun Gold Salsa Recipe
4 boneless white-fleshed fish fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each (such as whitefish or tilapia)
3 fresh juice tablespoons from about 3 limes, plus more to taste
4 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
3 cups fresh corn kernels, from about 4 ears corn
3 cups Sun Gold tomatoes, quartered
1 to 2 jalapeños, stemmed, seeded, chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
1/2 large white onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
2 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup flour
3 tablespoons butter
Place fish fillets on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of lime juice and a couple pinches of salt. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of canola oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add corn kernels, toss well with a wooden spoon, and then spread evenly out. Cook until starting to char on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Stir well, and cook until corn starts to char again, another 2 minutes. Continue process until corn is evenly charred on all sides but not burnt, 8 to 10 minutes total. Transfer corn to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, garlic, cilantro, and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Add additional lime juice as necessary. Set aside.
Dry fish fillets on paper towels. Use a fork to mix together flour and a 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a large baking dish. Wipe out skillet and return to medium heat. Add butter and heat until melted. Dredge two fish fillets in the flour, shake off the excess, and then carefully place them in the skillet skin-side down. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and brown on the other side, another 3 to 4 minutes. When both sides are browned and fish is cooked through, drain the fillets on a paper towel-lined plate and keep warm. Repeat process with the remaining 2 fillets.
Serve the fried fish with the corn salsa.
Roasted Meat Eggs Recipe
– 1 tenderloin of meat
– 4 eggs
– 1 chopped onion
– 1 can of mushrooms, thinly sliced
– 1 yellow pepper
– 2 tablespoons of oil
– 1 tablespoon of butter
– Salt pepper
– Wash and pepper the pepper and cut into strips.
– Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the chopped onion, add the peppery slices and drained mushrooms and cook until the water evaporates, salt and pepper.
– Spread the meat tenderloin and flatten it with a rolling pin as thinly as possible.
– Cut a piece of film paper and put the meat on top, spread the mixture of mushrooms over the entire surface and put the hard-boiled eggs at one end, start rolling the whole tightly to give it shape using the film paper and close the roll with wooden spikes.
– Heat the butter in a sauté pan and sear the roll 10 minutes on each side, continue cooking 15 minutes in the microwave oven.
– Serve immediately.