– 1.5 cups self-raising flour
– 2 tbsp corn flour
– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 3/4 cup coconut sugar or raw cane sugar
– 1.5 cups coconut milk
– 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or sunflower oil
– 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
– 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
– 1 tin coconut milk (refrigerated upside down)
– 2 tbsp icing sugar
– 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
– Raspberry jam
– Fresh raspberries
– Coconut chips (Nudie Snacks Nudie Snacks original 40g)
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Grab a second bowl and whisk all the wet ingredients together. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased tin that’s also dusted with coconut flour.
Turn the cake out carefully onto a flat surface. Allow to cool for a further 30 minutes before decorating.
Spread a layer of raspberry jam over the top of the cake.
Make the coconut cream topping by opening a refrigerated can of coconut milk and scooping out the solid coconut ‘fat’ into a bowl. Add a tablespoon of the coconut liquid that has settled at the bottom of the tin then discard the rest of the liquid. Add 2 tbsp icing sugar and a 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste to the coconut fat. Combine well to form your coconut ‘cream’. Place the cream in a piping bag and start to decorate the top of the cake. I just created little mounds of cream over the top of the cake.
Garnish with fresh raspberries and toasted coconut chips. Serve and enjoy!