Ingredients: (for 8 people)
- A chicken
- 1kg of couscous
- 2kg of onions
- 200g of raisins
- 1litre of light poultry
- 5 cents of sugar
- 1 cup of butter rinsed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 cc ginger
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cc cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of saffron
- Put the onions cut into strips, cloves, cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Wet one liter of water, salt. Bring to a boil.
- Halfway cooking the raisins, cinnamon powder, butter. Cook until the water evaporates, then add the sugar and caramelize the onions, stirring.
- In a pot with couscous, put the chicken, add an onion cut into strips, two tablespoons of oil, ginger and saffron, salt and pepper. Wet poultry stock and 1 liter of water, bring to a boil.
- Prepare the couscous in a large tray, sprinkle lightly with cold salted water and with the palms of the hands, roll the couscous by passing and ironing the hands on the grains in a regular movement.
- Pour the couscous into the top of the couscous and place on the boiling pot.Fight the two utensils with a strip of cloth dipped in a paste of flour and water, so that the steam escapes only for the top. After steam escaping, let cook for half an hour.
- Remove the couscous, pour it into the tray, crush it, cool it, add cold water, aerate it and water it again until the swollen grains are saturated with water.Let rest.
- Repeat the previous operation with the couscous, but this time by adding two tablespoons of oil.
- When the steam escapes from the couscous. Let cook for 15 minutes, then remove it and place it in a large round dish, coat it with rinsed butter.
- Form one in the center of which is placed the chicken, place the caramelized onions and water broth.
- Serve immediately with separate stock in a bowl.