- 500g of sausages (merquez)
- 300g flour
- 6g of salt
- 1 egg
- 150g butter
- 10g baker’s yeast
- 80g of milk
- 30g of water
- 50g grated red cheese
- Cook the sausages a few minutes in a frying pan (do not add fat). Brown in both sides, then place in a paper towel.
- Put the sifted flour in a fountain, add salt, egg, yeast mixed with water and milk.
- Knead until soft and smooth.
- Form a ball and place it in a salad bowl, cover with food film and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cast off and put in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Lower the dough with a roller on a floured surface leaving the center thicker.
- Place the butter on the thickest part. Fold the butter with the dough.
- Flour the table again and flatten with a roller to obtain a rectangular drop of 4 to 5mm thick. Then fold this dough over itself into three equal parts. Let stand for 30 minutes in a cool place.
- Roll out the dough to 3mm thickness. Cut out 10cm by 10cm squares using a dough cutter.
- Place the sausages in the center, close the square by folding into three parts.
- Gild the surface of each rectangle with egg yolk and a little water. Garnish with grated cheese.
- Place these stuffed croissants on a buttered oven tray.
- Bake in a medium oven until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from Kelewele
Kelewele is a Ghanaian delicacy of fried and spicy plantain that is all the rage. It is sometimes served with rice and a stew or peanuts, or alone as a dessert or snack. It is also popular for breakfast.
1 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
The juice of a lemon
Oil for frying
Peel and cut plantains into small cubes and mix with lemon juice.
Mix the spices and roll the plantain cubes into this mixture. Allow to stand for at least 10 minutes.
Heat the oil. Fry cubes in hot oil until golden brown. Make sure the cubes do not stick together.
Drop and sprinkle with salt and dry parsley. Serve hot.
Recipe of Pancakes
Ingredients / for 4 people
250g of flour
1/2 l of milk
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons sugar
50 g of melted butter
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 1
1Pour the flour in a bowl with salt and sugar. Make a well in the middle and pour the eggs lightly beaten with a fork.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – 2nd step
Start gently stirring the flour with a wooden spoon.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 3
When the mixture becomes thick, add the cold milk little by little, you can use a whisk but always gently to avoid lumps.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 4
2When all the milk is mixed, the dough must be fairly fluid, if it appears too thick, add in little milk.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 5
Then add the melted butter, mix well.
Cook the pancakes in a hot pan (no need for fat, it is already in the dough). Pour a small ladle of dough into the frying pan, make a rotating motion to distribute the dough over the whole surface, lay on the fire and when the turn of the pancake is colored clear, it is time to turn it over. Let cook about a minute on this side and the pancake is ready. Repeat until the dough is depleted.
Flour: 240 g
For the mold: 20 g
Chemical yeast: 0.5 sachet
Butter softened: 240 g
For the mold: 20 g
Sugar powder: 240 g
Salt: 1 pinch
Calories = High
1 Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (6). Whisk the butter with the powdered sugar and salt until an ointment is obtained.
2 Incorporate the eggs one by one, then the flour and baking powder together.
3 Butter and flour a rectangular cake pan, pour in the dough, then smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake for about 50 minutes: the blade of a knife planted in the heart of the cake must come out dry.
4 Let cool in the mold, out of the oven, then unmold and cut into parts.