- 500g of sausages (merquez)
- 300g flour
- 6g of salt
- 1 egg
- 150g butter
- 10g baker’s yeast
- 80g of milk
- 30g of water
- 50g grated red cheese
- Cook the sausages a few minutes in a frying pan (do not add fat). Brown in both sides, then place in a paper towel.
- Put the sifted flour in a fountain, add salt, egg, yeast mixed with water and milk.
- Knead until soft and smooth.
- Form a ball and place it in a salad bowl, cover with food film and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cast off and put in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Lower the dough with a roller on a floured surface leaving the center thicker.
- Place the butter on the thickest part. Fold the butter with the dough.
- Flour the table again and flatten with a roller to obtain a rectangular drop of 4 to 5mm thick. Then fold this dough over itself into three equal parts. Let stand for 30 minutes in a cool place.
- Roll out the dough to 3mm thickness. Cut out 10cm by 10cm squares using a dough cutter.
- Place the sausages in the center, close the square by folding into three parts.
- Gild the surface of each rectangle with egg yolk and a little water. Garnish with grated cheese.
- Place these stuffed croissants on a buttered oven tray.
- Bake in a medium oven until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.