1 shoulder or leg of lamb 1.5 to 2 kg approximately
2 CAS of mustard
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 gold cube
salt, pepper, pepper
2 olive oil casks
1 CAC of rosemary
1 vegetarian chilli
1/2 CASE of ginger
some lemongrass slices
The first step is important, the meat must cook in the marinade for at least 5h, so do the day before or the morning for the evening …
Cut the meat into small pieces not too small either, put in a salad bowl.
Salt, add all the ingredients except the onions and 1 CAS of mustard and reserve the other. Mix well, film and let stand in refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
My cooking is done in 2 steps, good one is in France eh, everyone knows that it is hot to have a real wood fire so I cheat a little … Those who have the opportunity to make a real fire, ignore step 1.
First cooking: plug your electric barbecue, let warm well …
Place the pieces of meat and cover with a sheet of aluminum foil, turn every 5 minutes and cover, when it cooks too quickly, do not hesitate to put out the barbecue and always cover the meat, as soon as it is cooked , remove grill from barbecue and place on a plate.
Step 2: Clean the barbecue bin and dry thoroughly, I have small pieces of wood but if you do not have this, small coals will do. Make a fire in the vat with the wood or small coals, as soon as it is hot (to put in the sink or on the balcony if you have and attention to the fingers !!!), drop the grill, put the onions cut and marinated in big slices and cover the meat and leave to smoke, turn once in 5 minutes …
It is ready, put the meat in a salad bowl, spread the remaining mustard, and keep warm, roll in parchment paper then aluminum and leave on the rack, if the charcoal is extinguished, put in the oven pending serving …
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.