For the Doughnuts
- 2 cups/250g plain white flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast OR 1.5 tsps
- 3 tbsps/ 40 g butter/margarine
- 3-4 tbsps/35-40 g light brown sugar
- 4 tbsps/40 g granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup/120 ml milk
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
For strawberry filling:
- 8 m/l fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsps granulated white sugar
- 1-1.5 cups water
1. Add flour, salt and yeast to a dry bowl
2. Stir together with a whisk or spoon. Add room temperature butter to flour
3. Use finger tips to work butter into flour till it looks crumbly. Add light brown sugar
4. Stir together with a whisk or spoon. Make a well/hole in center of flour, add egg in
5. Add warm milk to egg
6. Use a whisk or spoon to start mixing till it starts to stiffen
7. Switch to your hands and work dough till it starts to come together
8. Keep working dough until it becomes smooth with no lumps
9. Holding dough in one hand, rub around bowl with some butter, return dough to bowl, cover and let rest for 1 hour in a warm place
10. After 1 hour, dough should have doubled in size. Add some flour to a surface and rolling pin
11. Begin rolling out dough to the thickness of your smallest finger
12. Using a cookie cutter or water bottle lid (below), start cutting out circles in dough
13. Cut out as many circles as you can
14. As you cut out the circles, transfer them to a tray sprinkled with flour and sprinkle some flour atop dough
14b. Roll up any scraps you have and finish cutting
15. Cover tray with foil or cling film and let dough rise to almost double in size for 30-45 minutes in a warm place
16. While waiting for dough to rise, start heating up your oil and making the strawberry reduction sauce
17. One time has elapsed, start adding doughnuts to hot oil
18. Let fry up to a minute per side till golden brown
19. Finish frying all donuts and set aside on a paper towel to drain excess oil
20. Once strawberry sauce has cooled, pour into a piping/icing bag
21. Use a knife to create a center inside the doughnut
22. Insert icing tip into doughnut and fill with strawberry sauce, then set aside
23. Once filled, roll doughnuts in strawberry liquid (please see notes below ; apologies for the harsh yellow)
24. Roll glazed doughnut in granulated white sugar, set aside
25. You, my friend, just made some Nigerian doughnuts!
26. Texure shot
Fish Sandwich 😋😋😍
1 Can of Tuna/Sardine
A handful of sliced Onions
1 handful of grated Carrots
A handful of sliced Cabbage
2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
A teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of ketchup
2 – 4 slices of bread
1 teaspoon of butter
A pinch of crushed chicken seasoning
Butter both sides of your bread and place in a hot pan to brown on both sides.
In a bowl, mix your fish with its oils, onions, carrots, cabbage, chilli powder, ketchup, mayonnaise, honey and seasoning cube.
Place your fish mix on the bread and top it with sliced tomatoes and split into manageable triangles or whatever shape you prefer.
Source : www.afrolems.com
Whole Wheat Paneer Almond Sandwich
- Multigrain bread slices – 4, edges trimmed
- Almonds – 12
- Sweetened peanut butter – 2 tbsp
- Paneer or cottage cheese – ¼ cup, crumbled
- Nesquik or cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp, melted
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium to high heat.
- Grease the pan with 1 tsp melted butter.
- Place two bread slices on the pan and toast until both sides turn crisp and brown. Sprinkle butter now and then.
- Repeat with rest of the bread slices as well.
- Add ½ tbsp of butter to a small pan and allow it to just heat up.
- Add almonds to heated butter and roast on low to medium flame.
- Add the cocoa powder with the peanut butter and mix well until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Apply and spread one portion each of the mixture on each of the bread slices.
- Halve the cottage cheese mixture and sprinkle on two of the bread slices.
- Halve the almonds and sprinkle on the top of the cheese.
- Cover these slices with the slices spread with peanut butter.
- Serve immediately with apple and milk.
Source : www.stylecraze.com
Kale Salad with Mushroom Omelet
1 tablespoon miso paste (or 1 teaspoon soy sauce)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chopped mushrooms of your choice
8 big handfuls chopped kale, tough stems discarded
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup unsalted chopped raw pecans or walnuts
3 ounces grated Pecorino Romano cheese
FOR THE LEMON-CHILE VINAIGRETTE: (makes about 1 cup)
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon chile oil or chile sauce (optional)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
freshly ground black pepper
1. Make the salad dressing by combining the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid (like a mason jar) and shake well to combine. Taste and add more salt as needed.
2. Whisk the miso paste with the eggs. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and swirl in the olive oil. Add in the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes, or until mushrooms softened. Add in the egg and turn the heat to medium. Let cook for 2 minutes. Cover and let cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until eggs are set.
3. While eggs are cooking, place the kale in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Using massaging motion, rub the kale leaves together to break up and soften the kale.
4. When ready to serve, slice omelet in strips. Toss kale with some of the dressing (I used about 1/4 cup of the dressing), chopped nuts and Pecorino Romano cheese. Serve with omelet.
Source : steamykitchen.com