– 1kg of flour
– 500g of butter
– 200g caster sugar
– 2 tablespoons dehydrated baker’s yeast
– 2 eggs
– A little salt
– Milk to gather the dough
– Chocolate pieces
– 1 egg yolk for gilding
– Cut butter into small cubes and freeze for 15 minutes.
– Put the sifted flour in a bowl, dig a well in the center, add the sugar, the salt, the dehydrated yeast, the eggs, gather the mixture with the warm milk, knead until a homogeneous paste is obtained, Remove it from the edges, form it into a ball, cover it with a cloth and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
– Spread the dough in a rectangle on a work surface floured with a rolling pin and place the cut butter in cubes evenly distributed over half of the dough, fold the rectangle on itself in three equal parts to cover The butter cubes, let stand for 15 minutes.
– Spread the dough a second time in a rectangle 3 times as long as wide, fold it in three, let rest 20 minutes in the refrigerator, repeat the same operation twice taking care to make the fold in front of you.
– Spread the paste one last time into a rectangle on a thickness of 5mm, cut the rectangle into two strips in the direction of languor, cut each strip to triangles.
– Arrange on each triangle 1 piece of chocolate and roll it on itself, starting from the broadest part of the top, place them on a sheet coated with parchment paper, taking care to space them, allow to swell in the shelter Drafts in a warm place for 1 hour, brush the croissants with egg yolk.
– Cook in medium oven until golden brown.