Fresh fish of choice
Ginger/ garlic/ onion blend
1.Wash and clean the fish into the saucepan
2. Prepare the vegetables and put them in the blender to blend
3 Pour the blended vegetables onto the fish
4 Add the palm oil to the fish
5 Add seasons of choice
6 Add the garlic/ginger and onion blend
7 Allow to cook through for about 10 mins
8 Measure the corn dough for the number of servings
9 Add water and mix till all lumps are dissolved
10 Add salt to taste
11 Place on fire and keep stiring till all the water evaporates and then stire as you would banku.
12 Do this till the freshness of the corn is gone as in cooked.( can add some more water if the dough is hard and allow to simmer for about 5 min, turning a couple of times.
12 Use a small ball as a mould and scoop out the cooked corn into nice sizable balls.
13 Check if the stew is ready, add salt if needed.
14 Serve in a bowl with the fante fante and the εtew side by side.
Source : recipes.ghanaculturepolitics.com
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com
Curry Beef Soup
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Cook onions and beef cubes until beef is browned and onions are tender.
- Add the beef stock, curry and bay leaves. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, vinegar and salt. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour until all is tender. Remove bay leaves, and serve hot.