- 1 cup brown beans (oloyin or Drum)
- 1/4 cup palm oil (about 1 cooking spoon)
- 1 heaped tablespoon Iru (Locust Beans)
- Handful dried de-boned Sawa Fish (or any firm fish)
- 1 teaspoon dried pepper (ata-gigun)
- 1-2 cubes maggi
- Salt to taste
- Soak the fish in boiling water, cover until softened
- alternatively, boil fish till soft
- Combine the beans with 3 cups of water, cook on low-medium heat until beans in extremely soft (about 1.5 – 2 hours)
- Slow cooker Method: Combine fish, beans and 4 cups water in a slow cooker. Set to high for 8 hours (overnight). remove fish to continue
- Add cooked beans to a blender and puree to a smooth paste
- alternatively, mash the beans with a wooden spoon or use a mashing broom (ijabe)
- Pour the pureed beans into a pan, add in all left over ingredients. Combine and adjust for water based on desired thickness
- Iru (locust beans) can be blended with the beans if prefered
- Simmer for 10 more minutes on low-medium heat
Malawian recipes: grilled chambo fish
Add olive oil to a saucepan. Then add turmeric, ginger, sugar and raisins. Put on a low heat to dissolve the sugar and infuse the spices. Remove from the heat, add coconut milk and whisk rapidly. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a dash of lemon juice. If the sauce seems a little thin, thicken with a little roux.
Salad Muffins Recipe for Pizza
Muffin salty pizza way!
Ingredients for 11 pieces:
180 gr of flour
1 sachet of baking powder
150 gr of white ham
10 cl of olive oil
10 cl of milk
100 gr of shredded
3 eggs salt and pepper (is not that a spice ???)
2 fresh tomatoes cut into small herbs de provence
some black olives
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C In a dish mix the flour and the yeast then make a well. In another dish beat the eggs with milk, olive oil and then pour this mixture into the flour. Mix then add about 50 grams of grated, then cut the ham into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dough into muffin molds and place on top a few dices of fresh tomatoes, grated, a pinch of Provence herbs and a black olive in the center. Bake 25 minutes (heat ventilated fifteen minutes then normal heat)
Fried fish, vegetable salad
For a table of 4
In your cart :
4 medium fish –
1 tsp chili – salt – pepper –
1 tbsp strong mustard –
1 fillet of vinegar –
1/2 cube broth –
2 tablespoons olive oil –
500g of potato –
2 tomatoes –
250g of onions –
2 feet of salad –
1/2 bunch of Chinese parsley –
1 tbsp honey 2 eggs
How to do :
Clean the fish and draw regular furrows.
Mix salt and chili, coat and cook in a frying bath.
Wash and cut salad, parsley.
Slice the onion, marinate a portion with mustard, vinegar, broth, honey, a pinch of salt and pepper.
Mix with tomatoes and potatoes cooked with water and cut.
Decorate with the boiled eggs.