– 400g chicken breast
– 350g of corn
– 10 cherry tomatoes
– 1 small onion
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– 1 teaspoon curry paste
– 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
– 1 teaspoon of mustard
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– Salt pepper
– Cut the chicken breasts into fine fillets.
– Prepare the marinade: in a bowl mix the curry paste, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper, add the chicken fillets and coat them with this marinade, let them marinate for 1 hour.
– Place chicken fillets on barbecue grill and grill on each side, turning occasionally until well cooked.
– Cut the grilled chicken fillets into strips.
– Drain the corn.
– Peel the onion and cut into small cubes.
– Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
– In a bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
– Mix corn, onion, cherry tomatoes in a bowl, add sauce dressing, mix well.
– Put the corn preparation in the center of the serving dish and surround with chicken strips, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
– Serve immediately.
Plantain Scotch Eggs
Recipe for Plantain Scotch Eggs
1 finger of Ripe plantain
2 teaspoons of Suya powder
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 seasoning cube
1/ teaspoon of grated ginger
1/2 cup of Bread crumbs
2 teaspoons of Couscous (optional)
Oil for frying
Boil 2 of your eggs for about 5-7 minutes.
Place in cold water for about 2 minutes and peel the egg and set aside.
Boil your plantain till soft and mash while hot.
Add your seasoning cube, ginger, black pepper and 1 teaspoon of suya powder to the plantain and combine thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, whisk the last egg and set aside.
Using a flat plate, mix the couscous with the breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon of suya powder and set aside. (I mixed cous cous because I liked the extra crunch. You can use garri as well)
Take your egg and scoop a little of the plantain mash and mould the eggs lightly. Rub some vegetable oil on your hands so the plantain doesn’t stick to your hands as much.
When you have moulded lightly, dip the plantain egg ball in the whisked egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs and set aside.
Heat up your vegetable oil for deep frying and when it’s hot, place your plantain scotch eggs and fry till golden brown.
I find its best to consume this when its not straight from the pot. Allow it rest a bit but whilst staying warm serve with hot sauce.
Malawian recipes: grilled chambo fish
Add olive oil to a saucepan. Then add turmeric, ginger, sugar and raisins. Put on a low heat to dissolve the sugar and infuse the spices. Remove from the heat, add coconut milk and whisk rapidly. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a dash of lemon juice. If the sauce seems a little thin, thicken with a little roux.
Salad Muffins Recipe for Pizza
Muffin salty pizza way!
Ingredients for 11 pieces:
180 gr of flour
1 sachet of baking powder
150 gr of white ham
10 cl of olive oil
10 cl of milk
100 gr of shredded
3 eggs salt and pepper (is not that a spice ???)
2 fresh tomatoes cut into small herbs de provence
some black olives
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C In a dish mix the flour and the yeast then make a well. In another dish beat the eggs with milk, olive oil and then pour this mixture into the flour. Mix then add about 50 grams of grated, then cut the ham into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dough into muffin molds and place on top a few dices of fresh tomatoes, grated, a pinch of Provence herbs and a black olive in the center. Bake 25 minutes (heat ventilated fifteen minutes then normal heat)