1 tea bag (I used green tea)
1 small piece of ginger
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of Honey (you can add more if you want it sweeter)
2-3 mint leaves
Boil 1-2 cups of water and brew your tea.
Place tea in the fridge to cool.
Blend your ginger and run it through a sieve to just get the juice.
In a jug of ice, mix the tea, ginger juice, lemon juice and honey. Add the mint leaves and serve cold.
Source : www.afrolems.com
Ginger-Aid Immune Juice
Ingredients (makes approximately 2 15 oz. juices):
Kale, 1 bunch
Parsley or cilantro, ½ bunch
Green apple, cut and seeded
Ginger, 2 inch piece
Garlic, 1 clove peeled
Lemon or lime, peeled
Cucumber, 1 whole with ends removed
Mix all ingredients in a juicer.
Ginger — a wonderfully spicy anti-inflammatory root that has the ability to reduce nausea, aid digestion and gently encourage fever production. Fever is a necessary component of the immune system and can help restore the body to health faster.
Garlic – one of the Earth’s most potent natural antibiotic and anti-inflammatory agents that helps the fight against cold and flus.
Parsley and Cilantro – these powerful culinary herbs provide vitamins and minerals used by our white blood cells in the immune system. Parsley and cilantro encourage lymphatic circulation and gently encourage the detoxification of free radicals created during immune system fight.
Kale – Abundant in folate, minerals and vitamins A, C and K, kale provides many immune-boosting benefits to the human body and provides a great base to any health-conscious juice.
Source : blog.freepeople.com
How To Make Zobo Drink (Sorrel or Roselle Drink)
- Dry sorrel leaves
- Pineapple Slices
- Slice of ginger (it depends on the amount of sorrel leaves)
- Rinse the sorrel leaves with cold water to get rid of potential dirt
- Put the cleaned sorrel leaves in a pot, add the slice of garlic, a bit of water and the pineapple slices
- Cover the pot and leave it on fire for about thirty minutes
- Sieve the liquid from the boiled sorrel leaves, pineapple slices and left-over garlic.
- Allow the drink to cool down, you can leave it in the fridge or simply add ice cubes and you can enjoy your Zobo drink.