Ingredient A – the patty
- 100g of finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 450g of ground beef
- 45g of breadcrumb (10%)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Japanese soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
Ingredient B- the sauce
- 30ml of wine
- 60ml of tomato ketchup
- 60ml of stock
- 30ml of Worcestershire sauce
- Saute the onions and garlic with vegetable oil until caramelized
- Combined the onion, garlic with the rest of the ingredients in A, until it is well mixed.
- Divide the mixture into eight portions. Shape each piece into an oval shape, about 2.5cm thick.
- Heat up a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Place the patties on the pan.
- Pan-fried each side of the patties until they become medium to dark brown and form a crust.
- Mix the ingredient in B together and pour into the pan.
- Cook with the lid on for about two minutes ensure the patties are cooked Flip the patties over once to let both sides absorb the sauce.
- Remove the lid to check the thickness of the sauce. Remove from heat when the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Arrange the patties on a plate.
- Pour the remaining thick sauce in the pan on the patties and serve.
The nutritional value in this recipe is for your reference only. It is calculated with Calorie Count by caloriecount.com.
Serving size: 895g Calories: 1520 Fat: 63g Carbohydrates: 75g Sugar: 35g Sodium: 2.7gProtein: 152g