Ingredients A- Eggs
- 4 medium size eggs
- Eggs wash, plain flour and breadcrumb
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
Ingredients B- Meat layer
- 40g of finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- 160g of ground beef
- 15 g of breadcrumb
- ¼ egg
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon of Japanese soy sauce
- A dash of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Place the eggs gently into a pot of boiling water. Boil for five minutes. Roll the egg occasionally in the first two minute to ensure the egg yolk is at the center of the egg. Remove and transfer to a bowl of ice water.
- When the eggs are no longer hot, gently remove the shells. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in B together. Divide it into four portions.
- Place one portion of the meat patty on a piece of plastic sheet. Put another plastic sheet on the patty. Flatten the meat between two plastic sheets.
- Remove the plastic sheet above the meat and place the egg on it. Lift up the four corners of the plastic sheet at the bottom. The meat will adhere onto the egg. Remove the plastic sheet and cover the remaining area with more meat, or remove any excess.
- Dip the egg into plain flour, then to egg wash and finally cover it with bread crumbs.
- Deep fried at medium heat for three minutes until the surface becomes light golden brown.
- Cut the egg in half and arrange it on a bed of salad. Serve with kewpie mayonnaise.
Serving size: 1 egg Calories: 191 Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 7g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 280mgProtein: 19g
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.