- 4 medium size eggs
- Eggs wash, plain flour and breadcrumb
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 40g of finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- 160g of ground beef
- 15 g of breadcrumb
- ¼ egg
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon of Japanese soy sauce
- A dash of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Place the eggs gently into a pot of boiling water. Boil for five minutes. Roll the egg occasionally in the first two minute to ensure the egg yolk is at the center of the egg. Remove and transfer to a bowl of ice water.
- When the eggs are no longer hot, gently remove the shells. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in B together. Divide it into four portions.
- Place one portion of the meat patty on a piece of plastic sheet. Put another plastic sheet on the patty. Flatten the meat between two plastic sheets.
- Remove the plastic sheet above the meat and place the egg on it. Lift up the four corners of the plastic sheet at the bottom. The meat will adhere onto the egg. Remove the plastic sheet and cover the remaining area with more meat, or remove any excess.
- Dip the egg into plain flour, then to egg wash and finally cover it with bread crumbs.
- Deep fried at medium heat for three minutes until the surface becomes light golden brown.
- Cut the egg in half and arrange it on a bed of salad. Serve with kewpie mayonnaise.
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com