1 (top) leg of lamb of about 2kg cut into two parts to facilitate cooking
One tablespoon of butter
500g of onions (recommended, but I put a little less)
7cl of sauce oil
5 garlic cloves
2 cube maggi bouillon, salt, pepper, a pinch of chilli, 1 teaspoon of ginger
3 tablespoon of vinegar, 2 tablespoons of mustard
2 bay leaf, Thyme (optional)
3 green, yellow, red peppers
1 cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 tomato, 50g green olives
1kg of potatoes
1L of oil for the preparation of fries
Two tablespoons of small peas (canned, drained), Two tablespoons of sweet corn
1/2 garlic clove for mayonnaise
1 parsley branch for decoration (optional)
Begin by quickly cleaning your leg in plain water.
Make several long incisons using a knife or holes.
Prepare the stuffing and marinade that will help reveal all the taste of this leg. To do this, peel 4 cloves of garlic. Add a pinch of chilli, a teaspoon of ginger and a pepper, a maggi cube broth. Mix everything using a mixer or a mortar. Add one tablespoon of mustard. Mix.
Add stuffing thoroughly into each incision or hole. Keep in to coat the entire surface of the meat.
Salt the meat evenly.
Cooking of meat
Put in a casserole.
Add 1 glass and a half of water. Add the bay leaves. Sprinkle with thyme (optional). Add two tablespoons of vinegar.
Bake the lamb in the casserole for about 20 minutes, turn it over halfway through cooking.
Do not wait until the water evaporates completely, remove the leg of lamb, and reserve the cooking juice. It will serve to make the sauce.
Preheat oven to 200 ° C.
Place aluminum foil on the oven tray. Place at mid-height. Coat the leg of butter and cook for about 30 minutes. Turn it over halfway through cooking.
There will be some cooking juice on the plate which keeps the meat moist inside while it colors on the surface.
While cooked meat prepare the sauce to save time.
For this purpose cut the onions finely. Put the 7 cl of oil in a casserole. Add the onions. Add the remaining garlic clove, minced or crushed. Leave to stain for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Then add 1/2 glass of water and the cooking juice you had reserved.
Add a tablespoon of mustard, a little pepper and a tablespoon of vinegar. Add the maggi cube broth. Mix and cook for 10 min over medium heat then 5 min over low heat.
The sauce should be thick so continue cooking for a few minutes if necessary.
If necessary adjust the seasoning (salt, pepper).
Put the mayonnaise in a bowl. Add sweet corn, peas, a pinch of pepper and 1/2 clove of crushed garlic. Mix. And book.
Cut the potatoes into sticks that have roughly the same size. Put in a large bowl of salted water
Heat the oil. Cook the potatoes and place on absorbent paper.
Cut the peppers into sticks or dice or bracelets. You can also cut them into pots with sawtooth and put the mayonnaise in it.
Grate the carrot. Peel the cucumber and cut into slices. Gently cut the tomato into slices.
Make a nice dressage as you feel or like mine.
Do not forget your green yellow red peppers. In the colors of Senegal you said? The Ivorians and others do not be angry :))
Do not forget olives … tomatoes cut into slices, cucumbers, etc.
Add a few parsley leaves to give freshness.
And on arrival it gives that
Good appetite and see you soon for other recipes.
Algerian Bouzgene Berber Bread with Roasted Pepper Sauce
Prep 20 m
Cook 20 m
Ready In,40 m
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Place red bell peppers and tomatoes on a baking sheet, and roast under the broiler for about 8 minutes, turning occasionally. This should blacken the skin and help it peel off more easily. Cool, then scrape the skins off of the tomatoes and peppers, and place them in a large bowl. Remove cores and seeds from the bell peppers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the jalapenos and garlic, and cook until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and transfer the garlic and jalapeno to the bowl with the tomatoes and red peppers. Using two sharp steak knives (one in each hand), cut up the tomatoes and peppers to a coarse and soupy consistency. Stir, and set sauce aside.
- Place the semolina in a large bowl, and stir in salt and 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Gradually add water while mixing and squeezing with your hand until the dough holds together without being sticky or dry, and molds easily with the hand. Divide into 6 pieces and form into balls.
- For each round, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Roll out dough one round at a time, to no thicker than 1/4 inch. Fry in the hot skillet until dark brown spots appear on the surface, and they are crispy. Remove from the skillet, and wrap in a clean towel while preparing the remaining flat breads.
- To eat the bread and sauce, break off pieces of the bread, and scoop them into the sauce. It will slide off, but just keep reaching in!
Prep 15 m
Cook 25 m
Ready In 2 h 10 m
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup warm water and sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over the top, and let stand for about 10 minutes, until foamy.
- Place flour in a large bowl, and stir in salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the corn oil and yeast mixture. Add the remaining water in small amounts until you have a soft moist dough that can be handled. Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead for at least 5 minutes. Return to the bowl, cover with a towel, and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Deflate the risen dough, and divide into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball with a rolling pin so it is oval shaped, about 6 inches long, and 1/2 inch thick. Use a fork or dull knife to draw three lines on the top of each loaf. Place the loaves on a baking sheet. Mix together the egg and remaining tablespoon of water; brush the tops of the loaves with the mixture. Sprinkle caraway seeds over the tops, if using.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the loaves are shiny and golden brown.
Black Glutinous Rice Porridge
Prep 15 m
Cook 30 m
Ready In 45 m
- In a saucepan bring water and pandan leaf to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove pandan leaf and stir in brown sugar and white sugar. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and remove from heat.