2 salmon pies (250 g)
1 kg of leeks
100 g grated Parmesan cheese
60 g flour
60 g butter
750 ml milk
375 g of mozzarella (3 large balls)
2 pinches of nutmeg
Lasagnes with salmon and leeks To change the taste of the traditional lasagna a little here are the lasagne with salmon and leeks. It is a recipe full of flavors. The béchamel brings its creamy texture, salmon the taste of the sea but light version and the leek marries perfectly with all this. The trick to having a gratin at the same time spinning and creamy is to add to the cheese a filet of cream and this gives a top both crisp and mellow but not dry.
Wash the leeks, cut into slices and cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and set aside.
Prepare the bechamel by melting the butter and adding the flour.
Add the milk gradually by mixing well each time so as not to have lumps.
When all the milk has been incorporated add the grated parmesan and mix with the béchamel.
Pour the cooked leeks into the béchamel sauce and the diced raw salmon and mix. Taste to rectify salt.
Add nutmeg and mix again. Preheat oven to th. 6 (180 ° C).
Pour two tablespoons of the liquid cream into the gratin pan and place on top a layer of lasagna leaves.
Place a third of the leek and salmon mixture and cover with a second layer of lasagna.
Drizzle lasagne leaves with liquid cream.
and repeat the operation again twice, finishing with lasagna, drizzled with the rest of fresh cream spread well over the top. This makes 4 layers of lasagna for 3 layers of preparation.
Spread the mozzarella cut into thin slices over the entire surface of the gratin.
Bake for 40 minutes in a hot oven then add 5 minutes under the grill so as to have a golden gratin.
Carrot Beef Recipe
- 800gr of beef carbons in cubes
- 1 Branch of celery
- 500gr Of carrots
- 2 Shallots
- 2 càs Butter
- 750ml Red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Bouquet garni
- Salt pepper
- Clean and finely chop the celery. Peel and slice shallots and melt in butter, casserole or saucepan.
- Add the meat cubes and brown on all sides, stirring with a wooden spatula.
- Peel carrots and cut into slices. Pour them into the saucepan, salt, pepper and mix.
- Wet with the red wine and bring to a boil. Add the celery, the tomato concentrate and the bouquet garni, reduce the fire a little, cover and simmer 1:30.
Tatale (Plantain Pancakes) Recipe
For the Tatale (Plantain Pancakes)
- 4 large overly ripe plantains, peeled
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 scallions chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp milk
- Mash the plantains with a potato masher in a large bowl until you reach a pureed consistency.
- Add the cornmeal, milk, salt, garlic, ginger, and cayenne pepper to the mashed plantains. Stir in the scallions until fully combined.
- Heat a skillet with 3 tablespoons of canola oil over medium heat.
- Use a medium sized ladle to pour the plantain batter into the skillet.
- Fry each side for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 8-10 cakes.
- Serve immediately.