– 500g of fine semolina
– 200g of melted butter
– 100g caster sugar
– Orange flower water
– Icing sugar
– 500g of dates
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
– 2 tablespoons water of orange blossom
– 1 tablespoon of butter
– For stuffing: wash and pit the dates and crush them with a pestle.
– In a salad bowl, put the crushed dates, the cinnamon, the water of orange blossom, the melted butter, mix well until obtaining a homogeneous paste.
– Form this ball paste ball shape, reserve.
– Put the fine sifted semolina into a bowl, add the sugar to be ground and the softened butter cut into pieces. Sanding with your fingertips. Stir in the orange blossom water and work the dough well until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
– Place a ball of dough in a special mold for al maamoule, tap with the fingers so that the dough take the form of mold, put a ball of stuffing to the hole and cover it with the edges of a circle, flatten with the hand, Remove the cake from the spoon, place them on a sheet covered with a sheet of parchment paper.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C, take them out of the oven when they start to brown, roll them hot in iced sugar.
– Keep them in a tightly closed box.