– 500g of fine semolina
– 200g of melted butter
– 100g caster sugar
– Orange flower water
– Icing sugar
– 500g of dates
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
– 2 tablespoons water of orange blossom
– 1 tablespoon of butter
– For stuffing: wash and pit the dates and crush them with a pestle.
– In a salad bowl, put the crushed dates, the cinnamon, the water of orange blossom, the melted butter, mix well until obtaining a homogeneous paste.
– Form this ball paste ball shape, reserve.
– Put the fine sifted semolina into a bowl, add the sugar to be ground and the softened butter cut into pieces. Sanding with your fingertips. Stir in the orange blossom water and work the dough well until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
– Place a ball of dough in a special mold for al maamoule, tap with the fingers so that the dough take the form of mold, put a ball of stuffing to the hole and cover it with the edges of a circle, flatten with the hand, Remove the cake from the spoon, place them on a sheet covered with a sheet of parchment paper.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C, take them out of the oven when they start to brown, roll them hot in iced sugar.
– Keep them in a tightly closed box.
Recipe from Kelewele
Kelewele is a Ghanaian delicacy of fried and spicy plantain that is all the rage. It is sometimes served with rice and a stew or peanuts, or alone as a dessert or snack. It is also popular for breakfast.
1 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
The juice of a lemon
Oil for frying
Peel and cut plantains into small cubes and mix with lemon juice.
Mix the spices and roll the plantain cubes into this mixture. Allow to stand for at least 10 minutes.
Heat the oil. Fry cubes in hot oil until golden brown. Make sure the cubes do not stick together.
Drop and sprinkle with salt and dry parsley. Serve hot.
Recipe of Pancakes
Ingredients / for 4 people
250g of flour
1/2 l of milk
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons sugar
50 g of melted butter
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 1
1Pour the flour in a bowl with salt and sugar. Make a well in the middle and pour the eggs lightly beaten with a fork.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – 2nd step
Start gently stirring the flour with a wooden spoon.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 3
When the mixture becomes thick, add the cold milk little by little, you can use a whisk but always gently to avoid lumps.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 4
2When all the milk is mixed, the dough must be fairly fluid, if it appears too thick, add in little milk.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 5
Then add the melted butter, mix well.
Cook the pancakes in a hot pan (no need for fat, it is already in the dough). Pour a small ladle of dough into the frying pan, make a rotating motion to distribute the dough over the whole surface, lay on the fire and when the turn of the pancake is colored clear, it is time to turn it over. Let cook about a minute on this side and the pancake is ready. Repeat until the dough is depleted.
Flour: 240 g
For the mold: 20 g
Chemical yeast: 0.5 sachet
Butter softened: 240 g
For the mold: 20 g
Sugar powder: 240 g
Salt: 1 pinch
Calories = High
1 Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (6). Whisk the butter with the powdered sugar and salt until an ointment is obtained.
2 Incorporate the eggs one by one, then the flour and baking powder together.
3 Butter and flour a rectangular cake pan, pour in the dough, then smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake for about 50 minutes: the blade of a knife planted in the heart of the cake must come out dry.
4 Let cool in the mold, out of the oven, then unmold and cut into parts.