3 c. a extra virgin olive soup
4 to 5 best chicken thighs with skin.
1 medium onion, finely chopped
6 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cans of peeled and chopped tomatoes
1 C. dried oregano
1 C. dried basil
1½ tbsp salt
½ lemon confit, finely sliced
½ cup pitted black olives
100 gr raw, shelled and deveined prawns
20 gr of feta cheese (you can not put it on, or put more than 20 gr)
fresh parsley for garnish
6-8 small fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Season chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
In a large ovenproof skillet afterwards, put the olive oil to heat.
Add the chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, watching or until golden.
(the chicken will not be fully cooked at this time, but will be finished later in the oven.)
remove the chicken pieces on a plate, cover and refrigerate for later.
In the same skillet, add the chopped onions and cook until tender and translucent, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
Add the tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil and salt, and cook for 30 minutes until the sauce is thick and fragrant.
Heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
Place the pieces of chicken, shrimp and lemon pieces in the sauce.
add pieces of feta cheese and place between shrimp and chicken.
sprinkle the olives on top and put in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce bubbles and the chicken is cooked through.
garnish with parsley and chopped basil leaves. Serve this hot sauce
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.