- 1/2 kg Mutton
- 2 tbsp Chilly powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 Sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 6 Green chillies
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup shallots
- 2 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- Wash and cut the mutton into small pieces.
- Cook it in a pressure cooker along with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, chilly powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
- Add shallots, ginger, and green chillies.
- Fry till the mixture turns golden brown.
- Now add cooked mutton.
- Cook again till it gets roasted.
- Mix garam masala and pepper.
- Saute again for about 2 minutes.
- Mutton Pepper Fry is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with curry leaves.
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com