I used a baking pan that is 9 inches (23cm) in diameter and 1.5 inches (4 cm) deep.
For the dough
- 300g plain flour (All Purpose Flour)
- 150g margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- ¼ cup cold water
For the filling
- ½ of a medium SWEET potato (150g)
- 1 small carrot (130g)
- 1 sweet apple
- 250g minced beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 big stock cube
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt to taste
Thickener for the filling
A mixture of:
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 egg
The Meat Pie Filling
- Wash, peel and dice all the vegetables. Do the same for the apple.
- Follow the direction for making Nigerian Meat Pie filling.
- After step 4 from over there, add the diced apple, add the thickener, stir and leave to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Set aside to cool down.
The dough for this pie is mixed exactly the same way as the dough for the classic Nigerian Meat Pie. Follow the directions over there to mix the dough.
Roll, Fill and Close
- Set your oven to 170°C (335°F) to preheat.
- Rub margarine on the insides of the baking pan. Break the egg, beat it and set aside.
- Knead the rested dough for a bit and divide it into 2 parts. One part should be slightly bigger than the other.
- Roll out the bigger dough to a 5mm thickness making sure that the diameter of the rolled out dough equals the diameter of your baking pan plus two times the depth of the pan and then some excess to allow for sealing the meat pie.
- Once happy, drape the flat dough on the pan and make it snug the inside corners of the pan.
- Fill the dough-lined baking pan with the filling.
- Brush some egg on the dough covering the edge of the pan.
- Roll out the remaining dough to 5mm thickness and a diameter that is a bit wider than that of the baking pan.
- Cover the pan with the rolled out dough and use a fork to seal the edges. Feel free to close the edges any how you like.
- Rub the egg on the dough. This gives the pie a golden brown look when done.
- Set the pan on a rack in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or till the top covering is golden brown. Place the pan closer to the bottom heating so that the dough at the bottom of the pan will be well done by the time the top dough is done.
Smores Bars 😋😋😍
|8||oz||quick crescent dinner rolls|
|6||oz||chocolate chips, semi-sweet|
|10||each||marshamallows, cut in half|
|Heat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13×9 inch pan; press dough over bottom, sealing perforations well. Sprinkle chips evenly over dough. Place marshmallow halves over chips, cut-side-down, in five rows of four.|
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool about 15 minutes. Cut in squares around marshmallows.
Chocolate crackle cake Recipe
- 75g (3oz) cocoa powder
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g (10oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 400g (13oz) caster sugar
- 50ml (2fl oz) sunflower oil
- 250g (80z) unsalted butter, softened
For the honeycomb
- 1 tsp oil or butter, to grease
- 200g (7oz) caster sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the salted buttercream
- 300g (10oz) salted butter
- 600g (1lb 10oz) icing sugar
- 3 tbsp salted caramel sauce
- 100g (3 1/2oz) salted caramel sauce
- 1 x 140g box salted caramel truffles
- 1 x 37g bag Maltesers
Thiacry yogurt with millet
For about 8 to 10 glasses of thiakry
300g of thiakry in sachet
2 tablespoons butter
A handful of raisins
5 tablespoons orange blossom
1kg of white cheese (curd)
5 sachets of vanilla sugar
1 jar of unsweetened concentrated milk (about 400g)
Sugar: at will (I put about 8 tablespoons)
You can also add grated coconut. For the recipe, 3 tablespoons grated coconut should be enough.
1 pinch nutmeg (optional).
To prepare the thiacry you have three possibilities:
– Boil 40cl of water, and add in a container containing thiacry. Leave to stand for about 15 minutes until the water is completely absorbed and the thiacry grains soften.
– Place the thiacry in a bowl that can go to the microwave and add 40cl of water. Leave to cook for 10 to 15 minutes in a microwave. Add a little water and lengthen the cooking time if necessary. At the end of cooking the water must completely evaporate and the grains of thiacry must soften.
– Thoroughly wet the thiacry and set aside. Boil water in the pot of a cousscoussier. Add the wet thiacry to the cousscoussier. Leave to cook for about 15 minutes, until the beans are cooked (soft).
Once the thiacry is cooked, add the butter. Mix well. Add raisins, grated coconut and a pinch of nutmeg. Mix. Cover the thiacry with a light towel and set aside.
Prepare the milk sauce that accompanies the thiacry as follows.
In a large salad bowl, add the white cheese (soow in Wolof) or curd. Add powdered sugar (at will), vanilla sugar and orange blossom. Mix.
Add the concentrated milk, either in full, or just to get the consistency you want. About myself I put all the milk jug concentrated.
Mix well. Taste and add, if necessary, sugar, vanilla sugar, orange blossom, etc.
Cover the salad bowl and chill until ready to serve.
When serving, gradually add thiacry to the milk bowl until it has the desired consistency. Mix.
Serve in glasses or small bowls.
I added over some raisins just for presentation