For the Pineapple Jollof Rice :
- 1 cup of parboiled rice
- 1/2 cup of chopped pineapples
- 1.5 cups of blended tomatoes, bell pepper and scotch bonnet pepper mix
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme
- Seasoning cubes
- 1/2 cup of chopped vegetables (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1.5 cooking spoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of stock juice
- Heat up your oil, stir fry your pineapples and chopped vegetables for 30 seconds and take out of the oil.
- In the same oil, toss in your chopped onions, garlic and ginger and fry about a minute or two on medium heat.
- Stir in your tomato paste and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour in your blended tomato, pepper mix and stir.
- Season with seasoning cubes, curry, thyme and any other seasoning of your choice.
- Stir in your rice and reduce the heat to the lowest and allow to steam. Pour in your stock juice so it would cook the rice for the next 20-25 minutes on low heat. Constantly check to make sure the rice is soft and when it is, increase the heat and stir.
- Toss in the already sautéed pineapple and chopped vegetables and stir in.
- Serve with any protein of your choice.