– 250g of flour
– 125g of butter
– 1 egg yolk
– A pinch of salt
– A pinch of sugar
– 1 / 2dl of water
– 3 shredded tomatoes
– 2 onions
– 1 sweet pepper
– 1 can of preserved calamari
– 1 tablespoon of tomato concentrate
– 1 teaspoon of caster sugar
– 3 tablespoons of oil
– 100g of grated mozzarella
– Salt pepper
– Sieve the flour on a work surface.
– Cut the butter into pieces, add it to the flour.
– Stir the butter and flour quickly. Return to fountain.
– Place egg yolk, salt and sugar in the center. Melt with a little water.
– Mix the whole of the fingertips, adding water if necessary, the paste should not be too soft.
– Mold twice to obtain a homogeneous paste.
– Cover the paste with the film.
– Let cool.
How pizza works
– Peel onions and cut into strips.
– Wash and pepper the pepper, cut into strips.
– Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, add the onion slices and let them come back for 10 minutes, salt and pepper.
– Sauté the pepper slices in another pan with 1 tablespoon oil, season with salt and pepper.
– Heat the rest of the oil in another pan, add the grated tomatoes, the tomato concentrate, salt and pepper, let reduce until the total evaporation of water, add the sugar powder.
– Spread the dough to a thickness of 2 mm on a lightly floured work surface using a rolling pin, cut discs with a 12 cm round cutter.
– Place these dough disks on small buttered pie dishes, sprinkle them lightly with a fork, cook for 10 minutes (without filling).
– Spread the tomato sauce mixture over top of the onion and the pepper, cook in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes then garnish with drained squid and grated cheese, return to oven for 5 min.
– Serve immediately.
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.