– 6 potatoes
– 800g of chopped mushrooms
– 1 leek thinly sliced
– 1/2 red pepper, diced
– 150g grated Gruyère cheese
– 1 tablespoon of butter
– 30cl of crème fraîche
– 1 egg
– Salt pepper
– Peel the potatoes into thin slices of chips size using a mandolin.
– Cook the potato slices in boiling salted water for 1 minutes, drain them.
– Heat the butter in a frying pan and sauté the thinly sliced leek until it is translucent, add the mushrooms and red pepper and cook until the mushrooms are golden, salt and pepper.
– In a bowl mix the cream, egg, half grated Gruyère, salt pepper.
– Butter a mold and place a layer of potato slices, overlapping them slightly, add a layer of mushroom mixture, then cover with a layer of egg mixture. Repeat the same operation and finish with a layer of potatoes, sprinkle with the remaining mixture of egg and sprinkle with remaining grated Gruyère cheese.
– Bake at 200 ° C for 40 minutes until the potato cake is golden and crisp.
– Serve immediately.
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com