1 pack of smoked bacon
6 steamed green asparagus and cut into pieces
1 large onions, diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
6 freshly sliced Paris mushrooms
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
100 g grated Gruyère cheese
20 cl of fresh cream
1 tbsp olive oil
black pepper of the mill
thyme and nutmeg
No salt because the bacon is quite salty
In a frying pan I put to heat over medium heat my cs of olive oil. I then bring back the bacon; at half-cooking I add the garlic and the onion. Five minutes later mushrooms, asparagus, pepper and thyme. I mix cook gently for five minutes and reserve.
In a salad bowl I whip the eggs with fresh cream, Gruyère, thyme and grated nutmeg.
I put in the mussels a large cs of bacon with onions and a half cherry tomato and then the appliance of egg cream.
I go to the preheated oven for 25 min.
Serve hot or warm with a green salad.
Enjoy your meal !
Recipe for Akara Pancake
A Cup of Bean Flour
1 egg white
1/4 bulb of Onion
1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
Half of a Seasoning cube
1/2 cup of water
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
For Egg White Omelette
3 Egg Whites
A handful of chopped Spring Onion
1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley
Half of Yellow Pepper
1/2 of Red Bell Pepper
Half of a bulb of Red Onion
1/2 of an Avocado
2 small Tomatoes
One Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
1 Seasoning cube
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
In a bowl, mix your bean flour, blended onion and pepper, egg white, seasoning cube and water.
In a pan with heated oil, scoop the akara pancake mix into the pan and allow to brown on both sides.
Flip pancake on each side to make sure it cooks.
For the Egg White Omelette
Chop your vegetables and set aside.
Whisk your eggs, season with seasoning cube and black pepper and set aside.
Heat up your pan and stir fry the vegetables on medium heat for one minute.
Pour in your eggs and stir fry with the vegetables and allow the eggs to set.
Chop up your avocado and mix with your egg white omelette to serve with the akara pancake.
Ham & Pea Pancakes
- 1½ cup Golden Cloud Flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½c buttermilk
- 220 g ham
- 1 can KOO Fresh Garden Peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Large measuring cup or bowl, whisk, large non-stick pan
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until fully incorporated. Stir in the ham and peas.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Check the heat by sprinkling the skillet with water – when the water bubbles and evaporates immediately, pour 3 x ¼ cups of batter into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles begin to appear around the edges and in the center, about 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, peek under the pancakes to check if they are golden brown then carefully flip them.
- Cook the pancakes 1 minute more, peeking to make sure the underside is golden brown. Transfer them to a baking sheet and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and chives; serve with the pancakes.
Source : www.koo.co.za
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 1½ cups plus 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsps sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups evaporated milk (more if needed)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (more juice if lemon isn’t very juicy)
- 2 tbsps butter, melted, plus more softened for serving
- 1½ tsps vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- Maple or pancake syrup, warmed, for serving
In a separate bowl, mix the evaporated milk, lemon zest and juice. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Stir in the melted butter. Splash in more evaporated milk if the mixture is overly thick. Stir in the blueberries.
Melt a little of the softened butter in the heated skillet. Drop the batter by 1/4 or 1/3 cup measures and fry the pancakes on both sides for a couple of minutes until golden.
Serve with more softened butter and warm syrup.
Per Serving: Calories: 450; Total Fat: 13.5 grams; Saturated Fat: 9 grams; Protein: 12 grams; Total carbohydrates: 68 grams; Sugar: 23 grams; Fiber: 2 grams; Cholesterol: 98 milligrams; Sodium: 621 milligrams
Source : www.foodnetwork.co.uk