For the dough:
1 kilo of flour
1 cube of baker’s yeast
1 glass of oil
2 pinches of salt
For garnish :
5 large potatoes
2 cans of tuna in oil
1 pot of pitted green olives
Start by preparing the leaven, in a small bowl put the yeast cube,
2 tablespoons flour and a little warm water.
Cover and let rise 45 min to 1h.
In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt, then add the eggs and the sourdough. Mix well so that the flour is soaked in the leaven. Add the oil, then add the water gradually until the dough no longer sticks, it must remain soft.
Take the equivalent of a golf ball from the dough and then form puddings.
Place on a baking sheet, cover and let rise 30 min.
Fry on both sides, 5 to 10 min, on a medium heat so that the fricassee are well cooked inside.
Put them on paper towel before filling.
Wash the potatoes and boil for about 25 min.
Cook the eggs in water for 15 min as soon as the water boils. Drain the tuna oil in a colander, then put in a bowl and set aside.
Drain the olives and cut them in 2, then place them in a bowl.
Cut the diced potatoes and the salted ones. Remove the shell from the eggs and cut into slices
. delay the harissa in the olive hula. and finely chopped lemons beldi
As soon as the preparation of the filling is ready, you can start stuffing the fricassee.
Incise a fricassee in the middle in the direction of the width without touching the other end. Spread the sauce harissa, the slata mechuya to put diced potato, tuna, some egg slices, and olives.
Veal and pearl onion b’stilla (north african meat and pie)
Chorizo Breakfast Tacos with Potato Hash and Eggs
Prep 10 m
Cook 8 m
Ready In 18 m
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add potatoes, onion, garlic powder, and onion powder to one side of the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Add chorizo sausage on the other side of the skillet and saute, breaking up with the back of a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn over the potatoes after a couple of minutes so they get brown on both sides.
- Combine eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon cilantro, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Reduce heat and pour egg mixture into the skillet. Stir eggs until they are very softly set, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread out warmed tortillas and divide potato, chorizo, and egg mixture among them. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro. Top with Cheddar cheese and salsa.
Sweet Plantain Hash & Eggs
- 1/3- cup vegetable oil or more
- 3 -4 large ripe plantains
- 2 cups black beans sub sausage
- ½ medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups diced tomatoes 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 small bell Pepper diced
- ½ teaspoon cumin optional
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons bouillon powder optional
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 3-4 Large Eggs
Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees F
Using a sharp knife cut both ends off the plantain. This will make it easy to grab the skin of the plantains.
Slit a shallow line down the long seam of the plantain; peel only as deep as the peel.
Remove plantain peel by pulling it back. Dice plantains (medium to large dice or cut according to preference.
Heat up a large skillet or cast iron with oil up to ¼ inch- medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
Fry the plantain in batches, turning once, until lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pan (it will make the plantains to be soggy and absorb excess oil)
Use a slotted spoon, transfer the fried plantains and drain on paper towels.
Spray a baking sheet and place plantains on them in a single layer; spray lightly over the plantains using the canola oil spray and bake at 400 degrees F, turning plantains frequently – for about 12 -20 minutes or till plantains turn slightly brown.
Next add about ¼ cup or more oil in a skillet followed by onions, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne, sweat for about a minute.
Then add bell pepper, diced tomatoes, bring to a simmer, and add beans bouillon powder and cayenne pepper
Cook for about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning burn. Adjust for seasoning, and then sprinkle with parsley.
Crack about 3-4 eggs or more over the top of the hash in different spots. Add a little extra salt and pepper to the eggs if you wish. Place the skillet in the preheated oven on the top rack and bake at 400 degrees F or until the eggs are cooked to preference
Remove from oven, transfer to a plate and serve with more hash plantains, avocados and/or bread.
Sweet Plantain hash & eggs – A delicious skillet breakfast Casserole that is brimming with flavor and packed full of protein! Beans and eggs. Make it for lunch and dinner too! Great Anytime.
You know what? I just can’t get out of my breakfast rut. I can count how many meals I make just using ONE hand alone.
Um.. Embarrassing, especially for a person who’s always cooking.
Believe me, I have tried and it’s hard to get out of a routine when you are press for time.
But tell you what; on the weekends it’s another ball game – I eagerly await-dreaming up new flavors to try out especially for breakfast.
It sets the tone for the rest of the weekend and keeps me in good spirits.
This here, is Hash plantain made with beans, bell pepper (might I add, abundantly available this time of the year) tomatoes and other spice mix, then top with eggs.
The best part about this incredibly flavorful, hearty and filling, nutritious, paleo breakfast and is that is topped with fried eggs. And it’s just visually appealing.
I enjoyed eating this plantain hash so much that I had it for lunch too! And then made another set for my brother to pick up.And he totally fell in love with it.
You can crack as many eggs into the pan as you want and cook them until they are cooked to your taste. Or just fry the eggs and place on top of the hash either way works beautifully.
Serve with extra plantains or bread and avocado and or hot sauce
- With picking out plantains it is best to get plantains that are ripe, yellow with few black spots and firm, Not overly ripe (Dark skin) because it would end up too mushy. Unripe plantains are best when fried not suitable here.
- Replace plantains with sweet potatoes if plantains not available
- Omit the Eggs and make it completely Vegan