Ingredients / for 4 people
250g of flour
1/2 l of milk
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons sugar
50 g of melted butter
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 1
1Pour the flour in a bowl with salt and sugar. Make a well in the middle and pour the eggs lightly beaten with a fork.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – 2nd step
Start gently stirring the flour with a wooden spoon.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 3
When the mixture becomes thick, add the cold milk little by little, you can use a whisk but always gently to avoid lumps.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 4
2When all the milk is mixed, the dough must be fairly fluid, if it appears too thick, add in little milk.
The best recipe for pancake batter! – Step 5
Then add the melted butter, mix well.
Cook the pancakes in a hot pan (no need for fat, it is already in the dough). Pour a small ladle of dough into the frying pan, make a rotating motion to distribute the dough over the whole surface, lay on the fire and when the turn of the pancake is colored clear, it is time to turn it over. Let cook about a minute on this side and the pancake is ready. Repeat until the dough is depleted.
Veal and pearl onion b’stilla (north african meat and pie)
Chorizo Breakfast Tacos with Potato Hash and Eggs
Prep 10 m
Cook 8 m
Ready In 18 m
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add potatoes, onion, garlic powder, and onion powder to one side of the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Add chorizo sausage on the other side of the skillet and saute, breaking up with the back of a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn over the potatoes after a couple of minutes so they get brown on both sides.
- Combine eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon cilantro, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Reduce heat and pour egg mixture into the skillet. Stir eggs until they are very softly set, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread out warmed tortillas and divide potato, chorizo, and egg mixture among them. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro. Top with Cheddar cheese and salsa.
Sweet Plantain Hash & Eggs
- 1/3- cup vegetable oil or more
- 3 -4 large ripe plantains
- 2 cups black beans sub sausage
- ½ medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups diced tomatoes 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 small bell Pepper diced
- ½ teaspoon cumin optional
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons bouillon powder optional
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 3-4 Large Eggs
Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees F
Using a sharp knife cut both ends off the plantain. This will make it easy to grab the skin of the plantains.
Slit a shallow line down the long seam of the plantain; peel only as deep as the peel.
Remove plantain peel by pulling it back. Dice plantains (medium to large dice or cut according to preference.
Heat up a large skillet or cast iron with oil up to ¼ inch- medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
Fry the plantain in batches, turning once, until lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pan (it will make the plantains to be soggy and absorb excess oil)
Use a slotted spoon, transfer the fried plantains and drain on paper towels.
Spray a baking sheet and place plantains on them in a single layer; spray lightly over the plantains using the canola oil spray and bake at 400 degrees F, turning plantains frequently – for about 12 -20 minutes or till plantains turn slightly brown.
Next add about ¼ cup or more oil in a skillet followed by onions, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne, sweat for about a minute.
Then add bell pepper, diced tomatoes, bring to a simmer, and add beans bouillon powder and cayenne pepper
Cook for about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning burn. Adjust for seasoning, and then sprinkle with parsley.
Crack about 3-4 eggs or more over the top of the hash in different spots. Add a little extra salt and pepper to the eggs if you wish. Place the skillet in the preheated oven on the top rack and bake at 400 degrees F or until the eggs are cooked to preference
Remove from oven, transfer to a plate and serve with more hash plantains, avocados and/or bread.
Sweet Plantain hash & eggs – A delicious skillet breakfast Casserole that is brimming with flavor and packed full of protein! Beans and eggs. Make it for lunch and dinner too! Great Anytime.
You know what? I just can’t get out of my breakfast rut. I can count how many meals I make just using ONE hand alone.
Um.. Embarrassing, especially for a person who’s always cooking.
Believe me, I have tried and it’s hard to get out of a routine when you are press for time.
But tell you what; on the weekends it’s another ball game – I eagerly await-dreaming up new flavors to try out especially for breakfast.
It sets the tone for the rest of the weekend and keeps me in good spirits.
This here, is Hash plantain made with beans, bell pepper (might I add, abundantly available this time of the year) tomatoes and other spice mix, then top with eggs.
The best part about this incredibly flavorful, hearty and filling, nutritious, paleo breakfast and is that is topped with fried eggs. And it’s just visually appealing.
I enjoyed eating this plantain hash so much that I had it for lunch too! And then made another set for my brother to pick up.And he totally fell in love with it.
You can crack as many eggs into the pan as you want and cook them until they are cooked to your taste. Or just fry the eggs and place on top of the hash either way works beautifully.
Serve with extra plantains or bread and avocado and or hot sauce
- With picking out plantains it is best to get plantains that are ripe, yellow with few black spots and firm, Not overly ripe (Dark skin) because it would end up too mushy. Unripe plantains are best when fried not suitable here.
- Replace plantains with sweet potatoes if plantains not available
- Omit the Eggs and make it completely Vegan