For the Roast lamb :
Ingredients – Serves 10 Adults
- 1 boneless half leg of lamb, trimmed – around 1½ kg / 3½lb
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 125ml / ¼ pint of water
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 dessertspoons of root ginger, chopped
- Grated rind of a small lemon
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4
- Put the garlic, ginger, lemon rind, parsley, mint and rosemary in a food processor. Switch on for a minute or two until everything is finely chopped
- Switch on again and add the oil slowly until you have a bright green mixture
- Set the mixture aside. If you don’t have a food processor, just finely chop everything with a knife
- Place the joint in a roasting pan with the onion and water, put in the oven and allow 20 to 25 minutes per ½kg / 1lb
- 30 minutes before the end of cooking time remove from the oven; spread the herby mixture over the joint. Return to the oven and finish cooking
- Keep an eye on the water level and top it up if necessary
- When the lamb is cooked remove from the pan and keep warm. Discard the onion and remove excess fat
- Boil up the pan juices and reduce to a syrup, this will make a rich, tasty sauce. This will take 2 to 3 minutes
- Season and serve
Serve the lamb with potatoes, carrots and parsnips
Malawian recipes: grilled chambo fish
Add olive oil to a saucepan. Then add turmeric, ginger, sugar and raisins. Put on a low heat to dissolve the sugar and infuse the spices. Remove from the heat, add coconut milk and whisk rapidly. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a dash of lemon juice. If the sauce seems a little thin, thicken with a little roux.
Salad Muffins Recipe for Pizza
Muffin salty pizza way!
Ingredients for 11 pieces:
180 gr of flour
1 sachet of baking powder
150 gr of white ham
10 cl of olive oil
10 cl of milk
100 gr of shredded
3 eggs salt and pepper (is not that a spice ???)
2 fresh tomatoes cut into small herbs de provence
some black olives
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C In a dish mix the flour and the yeast then make a well. In another dish beat the eggs with milk, olive oil and then pour this mixture into the flour. Mix then add about 50 grams of grated, then cut the ham into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dough into muffin molds and place on top a few dices of fresh tomatoes, grated, a pinch of Provence herbs and a black olive in the center. Bake 25 minutes (heat ventilated fifteen minutes then normal heat)
Fried fish, vegetable salad
For a table of 4
In your cart :
4 medium fish –
1 tsp chili – salt – pepper –
1 tbsp strong mustard –
1 fillet of vinegar –
1/2 cube broth –
2 tablespoons olive oil –
500g of potato –
2 tomatoes –
250g of onions –
2 feet of salad –
1/2 bunch of Chinese parsley –
1 tbsp honey 2 eggs
How to do :
Clean the fish and draw regular furrows.
Mix salt and chili, coat and cook in a frying bath.
Wash and cut salad, parsley.
Slice the onion, marinate a portion with mustard, vinegar, broth, honey, a pinch of salt and pepper.
Mix with tomatoes and potatoes cooked with water and cut.
Decorate with the boiled eggs.