For the Roast lamb :
Ingredients – Serves 10 Adults
- 1 boneless half leg of lamb, trimmed – around 1½ kg / 3½lb
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 125ml / ¼ pint of water
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 dessertspoons of root ginger, chopped
- Grated rind of a small lemon
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4
- Put the garlic, ginger, lemon rind, parsley, mint and rosemary in a food processor. Switch on for a minute or two until everything is finely chopped
- Switch on again and add the oil slowly until you have a bright green mixture
- Set the mixture aside. If you don’t have a food processor, just finely chop everything with a knife
- Place the joint in a roasting pan with the onion and water, put in the oven and allow 20 to 25 minutes per ½kg / 1lb
- 30 minutes before the end of cooking time remove from the oven; spread the herby mixture over the joint. Return to the oven and finish cooking
- Keep an eye on the water level and top it up if necessary
- When the lamb is cooked remove from the pan and keep warm. Discard the onion and remove excess fat
- Boil up the pan juices and reduce to a syrup, this will make a rich, tasty sauce. This will take 2 to 3 minutes
- Season and serve
Serve the lamb with potatoes, carrots and parsnips
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com