– 1 lamb shoulder of 2.5kg
– 100g cooked rice half cooked
– 1/2 red pepper, cut into small squares
– 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into small squares
– 1 small chopped onion
– 3 garlic cloves, cut into pieces
– 1 can of mushrooms, cut into pieces
– 2 tablespoons cooking cream
– 1 teaspoon of butter
– 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
– 3 onions, sliced
– Salt pepper
– 2 tablespoons of mustard
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
– Stitch the lamb shoulder with the tip of a knife and slip a piece of garlic into each slot.
– Prepare the filling, in a bowl mix the rice, chopped onion, pieces of mushrooms, squares of red and yellow pepper, baking cream, butter, chopped parsley, salt and pepper, mix well.
– Fill the shoulder of this preparation and bridle the opening with the cooking wire.
– Prepare the marinade by mixing mustard, soy sauce, turmeric in a bowl and coat shoulder with this mixture.
– Peel the 2 onions and cut into slices.
– Cover a baking dish with a layer of onion rings. Place the stuffed shoulder on top, sprinkle the shoulder surface with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and moisten with 3 glasses of water, cover the dish with a sheet of aluminum foil.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 1h45min until the shoulder is golden brown.
– Serve immediately.
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.