- shredded beef,
- kpakpo shito,
- white pepper,
- Soy sauce
- When it comes to beef, you need to go natural. You have your shredded beef, marinade with ginger, garlic, kpakpo shito, white pepper, some onga, soy sauce (mix together, a little salt because of onga), a perfect spice for beef. Allow youur marinaded beef to stand for some time so to absorb the juice from the mixture. Get your pan, add a teaspoon of olive oil, pour in your meat(beef). Stir to prevent from burning and also from sticking. Add a little water, allow to cook on a low heat so your meet does not become tough. With your assorted vegetable, cut into chunks to prevent it from shrinking. Add a little wine to have a flambé. Put in your vegetables, start with the firm vegetables first like carrots to the cabbage. Check on seasoning and adjust to your taste. I did not mention salt because with Onga, you have your perfect food without salt but if not, you can add a little to your perfection. Your shredded beef is ready to b served with plain rice, jacket potatoes, yam tart, boil spaghetti. Bon appeti. Remember to always eat healthy. Onga mama’s helping hand……
- I do add corn flour-water mixture to give me the juicy effect…typical of me I cannot eat rice with anything that doesn’t have juice. It works. If you want thick juice add more cornflour to water…Be careful not to turn it into banku ooo.
- Please use Onga 3mix as the spice for the beef with a very little salt. That will give it an exceptional taste.
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com