For the Slimmed-down hunter’s chicken
For the sauce:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp medium chilli powder
- 500g passata
- 8 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1.5 tsp Marmite
For the hunter’s chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 rashers of bacon, all fat removed
- 90g 50% reduced fat cheese, grated
1. For the sauce, spray a medium saucepan with the Frylight, and cook the onion and chilli powder on a medium heat until soft. Once soft, add the rest of the ingredients, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for around 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
2. Preheat your oven to 200C / Gas 6. Slice your chicken breasts down the middle: not all the way through, just enough to open them out. Place in individual oven dishes.
3. Spoon as much sauce as you’d like over the top of the chicken, being sure to fully coat it on all sides.
4. Lay three bacon rashers over the top of each chicken breast, and put in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and top each dish with half of the grated cheese.
6. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve with the potatoes and veg of your choice!