For the Slimmed-down hunter’s chicken
For the sauce:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp medium chilli powder
- 500g passata
- 8 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1.5 tsp Marmite
For the hunter’s chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 rashers of bacon, all fat removed
- 90g 50% reduced fat cheese, grated
1. For the sauce, spray a medium saucepan with the Frylight, and cook the onion and chilli powder on a medium heat until soft. Once soft, add the rest of the ingredients, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for around 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
2. Preheat your oven to 200C / Gas 6. Slice your chicken breasts down the middle: not all the way through, just enough to open them out. Place in individual oven dishes.
3. Spoon as much sauce as you’d like over the top of the chicken, being sure to fully coat it on all sides.
4. Lay three bacon rashers over the top of each chicken breast, and put in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and top each dish with half of the grated cheese.
6. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve with the potatoes and veg of your choice!
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 20 m
Ready In 1 h 35 m
- Place pumpkin seeds in a blender and blend for 30 to 40 seconds or until mixture is a powdery paste. Set aside.
- Wash beef and cut into bite-size cubes. Season with salt. In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add beef and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown but not cooked through.
- Place tomatoes, onions, and pepper in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add tomato mixture to meat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and ground pumpkin seeds and continue to simmer 10 minutes more.
Zimbabwean Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Prep 30 m
Cook 1 h 30 m
Ready In 2 h
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and the peanut butter into the onions until the mixture is smooth. Beat in remaining vegetable stock, diced tomatoes with their liquid, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potato, carrot, and turnip; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes. Stir in the okra and chicken and simmer until the okra is tender, about 30 additional minutes.
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Prep 20 m
Cook 55 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat. In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth. Season with cayenne pepper. Return to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.