For the Slimmed-down hunter’s chicken
For the sauce:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp medium chilli powder
- 500g passata
- 8 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1.5 tsp Marmite
For the hunter’s chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 rashers of bacon, all fat removed
- 90g 50% reduced fat cheese, grated
1. For the sauce, spray a medium saucepan with the Frylight, and cook the onion and chilli powder on a medium heat until soft. Once soft, add the rest of the ingredients, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for around 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
2. Preheat your oven to 200C / Gas 6. Slice your chicken breasts down the middle: not all the way through, just enough to open them out. Place in individual oven dishes.
3. Spoon as much sauce as you’d like over the top of the chicken, being sure to fully coat it on all sides.
4. Lay three bacon rashers over the top of each chicken breast, and put in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and top each dish with half of the grated cheese.
6. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve with the potatoes and veg of your choice!
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com