10 pieces of Chicken Wings
5 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Ata Rodo)
1 large Bulb of Onion
1/4 Ginger piece
4 garlic cloves
A handful of Parsley
2 Seasoning Cubes
A teaspoon of Black Pepper
One tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon of Butter
A teaspoon of Sugar
2 tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese
In a blender, blend your peppers, parsley, onions, ginger, garlic, seasoning cube, black pepper and vegetable oil.
Using a glove, massage the blended mix into the chicken wings pieces. Use a fork to pierce the wings to enable the marinade go in.
Set aside and allow to marinate for 3-4 hours.
Preheat your oven to 350F or if your temperature is not indicated on your oven just have it between medium and high.
In a pan, heat up your butter and sugar and toss the wings in the pan till some parts are browned depending on how brown you want it.
Place in foil paper, seal and place in the oven to bake for about 30-45 minutes. To know if the wings are ready, pierce them with a fork and clear juice should come out of them.
Open up the foil for an additional 5- 10 minutes and increase the heat of the oven to allow the chicken wings brown properly.
Take out of the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan Cheese and serve your spicy parmesan chicken wings warm.
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com
Curry Beef Soup
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Cook onions and beef cubes until beef is browned and onions are tender.
- Add the beef stock, curry and bay leaves. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, vinegar and salt. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour until all is tender. Remove bay leaves, and serve hot.