Ingredients for making Strawberry Milkshake
You can blend the following in any proportions and come up with a delicious strawberry milkshake.
- Strawberries (very ripe ones)
- Whole milk
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Greek-style yoghurt (optional)
Notes about the ingredients
- I listed vanilla ice cream and Greek-style yoghurt as optional because all you need to make a strawberry milkshake are the strawberries and the whole milk. But these other 2 ingredients make the milkshake thicker and more delicious. I either use vanilla ice cream or the Greek yoghurt, I never add the 2 at the same time. But you can if you wish.
- Please note that the milk used here is whole milk and not evaporated milk. You can buy whole milk from any big supermarket anywhere in the world. Some poeple use skimmed and semi skimmed milk but those do not make creamy milkshakes.
- Strawberries when in season, are available in Nigeria (in Shoprite, SPAR) and supermarkets all over the world.
- Greek-style yoghurt is also available in major supermarkets all over the world.
Important kitchen equipment you need:
- To blend it, you’ll need a kitchen blender. Any blender with a minimum of 500W can do a good job of this.
Directions for making Strawberry Milkshake
- Wash, trim and cut the strawberries into small pieces and place in your blender.
- Scoop some vanilla ice cream or Greek-style yoghurt (if you are using any of these) into the blender.
- Turn on the blender and start pouring the whole milk through the peep hole of the blender cover till you are happy with the thickness of your milkshake.
Vegetable salad recipe 😋😋
How to make Nigerian vegetable salad
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Meal type: Appetizer
• Misc: Serve chilled
Easy shredded smoked chicken in pepper sauce
Nigerian Fish Stew Recipe
For the Fish Stew :
- 1 large croaker fish
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 large bell pepper
- 5 scotch bonnet peppers (ata rodo)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 medium sized ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 teaspoon Curry
- 3 small thyme stalks or 1/2 teaspoon of thyme powder
- A pinch of chopped scent leaves
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Descale, cut, wash and season your fish with 2 blended scotch bonnet peppers, 1 clove of garlic and a seasoning cube.
- Heat up your oil for frying on medium heat and fry on both sides till golden brown.
- Blend 1 tomato, half of the bell pepper, scotch bonnet peppers, ginger and garlic and set aside.
- Chop the rest of the tomato and bell pepper and set aside.
- In a separate pot, scoop 1 cooking spoon of oil into your pot and heat up.
- Fry your onions and chopped tomato and bell pepper on medium heat.
- Pour in the blended mix, season with your thyme, seasoning cubes and a teaspoon of curry for about 8-10 minutes on medium heat. Be sure to check that your sauce is not burning, if it is reduce the heat.
- Add the fish but stir lightly in the sauce so the fish does not break apart and finally add the scent leaves or basil.
- Serve your Nigerian fish stew hot!