- 5 g yeast
- 1 can KOO Creamstyle Sweetcorn
- 500 ml vegetable oil
- 200 ml water, lukewarm
- 10 ml castor sugar
- 10 ml salt
- 1 kg cake flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can KOO Butter Beans, drained
- 1 can KOO Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 can All Gold Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp KOO Tomato Paste
- 200 g beef mince
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 ml vegetable oil
Chopping board, chef’s knife, paper towel, slotted spoon
- In a pot, add oil and gently fry the onions, chilli and garlic.
- Add the mince and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, cumin, coriander, bay leaf, paprika, and tomatoes and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Vetkoek: Sift the flour, sugar, salt and yeast into a bowl. Add the lukewarm water and the sweetcorn and knead into a smooth dough. Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Allow the dough to rise until double in size. Punch down the dough and shape into medium sized balls. Deep fry until golden brown and cooked through.