– Des feuilles de brick
– 250g de viande hachée
– 4 oeufs
– 1 échalote hachée
– 1 cuillerée à soupe de persil haché
– Sel et poivre
– Huile pour la friture
– Faire revenir la viande hachée dans une poêle avec un peu d’huile, ajouter l’échalote hachée, le persil haché, saler et poivrer, faire cuire à feu doux en remuant avec une cuillère en bois jusqu’à ce qu’ils soient bien cuits, laisser refroidir.
– Mettre dans un plan de travail 2 feuilles de bricks, disposer au dessus 2 cuillères à soupe de farce, creuser un petit puits au milieu et placer l’oeuf, commencer à plier les deux cotés ensuite replier les 2 autres cotés de la feuille afin d’obtenir un carré puis replier celui-ci en diagonale de façon à obtenir un triangle.
– Placer directement la triangle farcie dans la friture chaude, faire saisir la partie base de la triangle afin d’optimiser la cuisson de l’oeuf ensuite faire dorer les deux faces, le brik doit gonfler, retirer-le et disposer-le dans un papier absorbant, continuer la même opération pour les trois autre bricks.
– Déguster les bricks chauds.
• 10 Whole eggs
• 4½ Cup Wheat flour (all-purpose flour)
• ½ Cup Sugar
• 4 tbsp. Margarine, Butter
• ½ tsp. Baking powder
• 1 tsp. Mixed Spices – Optional
• Pinch of salt
• 1 cup warm water
• Vegetable/Soya oil (for deep frying)
Step 1: In a medium sized pot, boil the eggs for about 10mins till hard boiled. Once cooked and while hot, place the hard boiled eggs in cold water. This is to ensure the shell comes off easily.
Step 2: Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, mixed spices (if you are using) and salt into an empty bowl. Mix thoroughly then add the margarine/butter. Work into it with the tip of your hand till it looks crumbly like breadcrumbs.
Step 3: Make a well in the center and gently add water little by little. Work into it some more till you get a Smooth non-sticky elastic dough. Divide it into 10 and roll the divided dough into balls
Step 4: Dust your flat working surface with flour and roll out each dough. Wrap each dough around each egg and roll into balls
Step 5: Pre-Heat your vegetable oil in a deep fryer or pot and fry the egg rolls till golden brown. To ensure it cooks well on the inside, reduce the temperature of the burner once you drop the egg rolls into the oil.
Step 6: Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel. Serve!
1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
1 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
4 slices whole wheat bread
In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, eggs, celery and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place half of the mixture onto 1 slice of bread and the other half on another slice of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread. Serve.
For the Spicy Garden :
- 8 Green Garden Eggs (Substitute Aubergine)
- 2 Red onions
- 7 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1.5 cups of blended tomato
- One smoked fish (broken into tiny pieces)
- 2 jumbo shrimps (deveined and chopped)
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 cup of Crayfish pieces
- 2 cooking spoons of Palm Oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped scent leaves
- 1 large Cocoyam
In a bowl of warm water, rinse the garden eggs and steam in a pot on low to medium heat for about 20 minutes.
Rinse the steamed garden eggs and blend coarsely or pound. The idea is not to have it smooth.
In a pot, heat up your palm oil and stir fry your onions, tomato blended and coarsely blended pepper.
Season and add your crayfish pieces, chopped jumbo shrimp, smoked fish and allow to simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Add your blended garden egg and stir in. Check for seasoning and correct. Finally add your chopped scent leaf.
In a separate pot, peel and boil your cocoyam and when cooked, serve with spicy garden egg sauce.
For the Egg tikka :
- – 6 eggs cooked and cut in 2
- -2 onions
- -2 cloves of crushed garlic
- -2 teaspoon of ginger, 2 of cumin, 2 of coriander, 1 of turmeric
- -2 teaspoons of garam massala
- -1 tablespoon of tomato concentrate
- -2 diced tomatoes
- -120ml of water
- -1 small red pepper
In a casserole put a bottom of oil and to make return the chopped onions as well as the oil and the ginger.
Add the spices except the garam massala, then the tomato concentrate and mix.
Add the tomatoes and then the water, mix then add garam massala, chilli, salt and cook for about fifteen minutes.
The water should evaporate and the sauce should thicken.
Then add the eggs cut in half, serve immediately and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
This dish is accompanied by rice, but also potatoes is what I chose this time!
If you put potatoes, you have to cook them separately and add them at the last moment to coat them with sauce, too soon they steal the sauce and make it too thick.
For the Minced Beef :
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/2 lb ground beef
1 medium chopped yellow onion
1 cup of frozen green peas
2 tbsp of light soy sauce
1 tbsp of dark soy sauce
1 tbsp of chinese rice wine
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp of corn starch
dash of salt
dash of pepper
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- marinate the beef with the light and dark soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, oyster sauce, salt and pepper. lightly dust the meat with the corn starch and mix. leave to marinade for about half an hour.
- heat vegetable oil in a frying pan or wok over medium heat. add onions and cook until they begin to soften.
- add the meat and stir to break up and mix with onions. cook until meat is almost done.
- add frozen peas and continue to cook until meat is done and peas are cooked.
- if you like having a bit of a gravy, you can add a cornstarch water mixture and simmer it until it reaches the desired consistency.
- serve over hot rice and pour the beaten egg mixture over the beef. the eggs should cook from the heat of the rice and beef, but if you prefer not to eat the eggs this way, you can pan fry an egg separately so that the yolk is still runny and top the dish with this. Then mix.
For the Egg Bricks :
– Brick leaves
– 250g of minced meat
– 4 eggs
– 1 chopped shallot
– 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
– Salt and pepper
– Oil for frying
– Grind meat in a frying pan with a little oil, add chopped shallot, chopped parsley, salt and pepper, cook over low heat, stirring with wooden spoon until Well cooked, let cool.
– Place 2 sheets of bricks in a worktop, top 2 tablespoons of stuffing, dig a small well in the middle and place the egg, begin to fold the two sides then fold the 2 other sides of the leaf To obtain a square and then fold it diagonally so as to obtain a triangle.
– Place the stuffed triangle directly in the hot frying pan, sear the base part of the triangle in order to optimize the cooking of the egg, then brown both sides, the brik must inflate, remove it and arrange it in a Paper, continue the same operation for the other three bricks.
– Enjoy hot bricks.
Egg Toast Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices of Bread / brown or white
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tomato finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp milk
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- A pinch of pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
Whisk the eggs one by one in a bowl and stir in chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, milk, salt, pepper and
Beat very well until eggs are foamed.
Heat a griddle or frying pan and spread some oil.
Dip each bread slice in the prepared mixture and stir fry over low flame.
Fry from both sides until done.
Repeat the same with other bread slices as well.
Serve egg toast hot with tomato ketchup.
For the Chorizo and fried egg wraps
- 4 small cooking chorizo, halved lengthways
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 flatbreads
- 4 handfuls rocket
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
Put the chorizo into a cold frying pan over a low heat, then gradually increase it. Fry until cooked through and beginning to crisp. Lift the chorizo out of the pan, leaving behind just enough oil to stop the eggs sticking. Crack the eggs into the pan and fry them how you like them (an almost-set yolk is best if you want to avoid any drips!).
Spread some mayo over each flatbread, add a handful of the rocket and a few capers with two halves of chorizo to each. Put the egg on top, then fold up the end and the two sides before tucking in. Serve chorizo and fried egg wraps warm.
For the Hearty Egg Scramble Recipe
- 1/3 cup onion – chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper – chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 medium potatoes – peeled and cooked
- 1 and 1/2 cups Julienned fully cooked ham
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 dash pepper
In a large skillet on medium heat, cook onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender.
Add potatoes and ham; cook and stir for 5 minutes. In a bowl, beat eggs water and pepper; pour over ham mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until eggs are set.
A robust scramble with potatoes, ham and chopped vegetables. You could add cheese but you really don’t need to with all the flavor going on.
For the Egg In The Hole Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 teaspoon butter
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Tear a 1 and 1/2-inch hole out of the center of each piece of bread. Tilt the skillet so the melted butter covers the surface of the pan. Place each slice of bread next to each other in the skillet. Crack eggs, one at a time, into the hole in the center of the bread.
After about 3 minutes, flip the bread and cook on the other side until the egg has set. Slide onto a plate and serve.
How to make Yamarita
• Prep time: 20 mins
• Cook time: 35 mins
• Total time: 55mins
•1/2 medium sized Yam tuber
•1/2 cup flour
•1/2 tsp ground chili pepper
•1 tsp. salt
•1 cup vegetable oil for frying
Step 1: Slice and peel the skin off the yam
Cut the yam into thick length-wise strips. Rinse the yam with clean water to get rid of dirt and place in a medium sized pot. Add the salt and just enough water to cover the yam in the pot.
Step 3: Cook the yam for about 15 mins till soft. Drain the water from the yam and set aside to cool while you prepare the egg.
Step 4: Break the eggs into a small bowl, add a pinch of salt, whisk and set aside. Sift the flour into another small bowl, add the pepper and a pinch of salt, mix and set aside.
Step 5: Dip a slice of yam in the flour and coat all the sides by rolling the yam in the flour.
Step 6: Transfer the coated yam into the egg wash and turn to coat every side also. After coating with eggwash, transfer the coated yam to the frying pan with heated oil and leave to fry till golden brown over medium heat.
Step 7: Once fried, Scoop out from the pan and Leave to drain. Transfer to a plate and serve with Peppered stew, egg sauce or any type of stew depending on your taste.
• 7 medium sized Garden eggs (either purple « aubergine », white or green )
• 1 cup Palm oil
• 1 medium sized Smoked fish
• 1 tbsp. ground pepper (either chili, scotch bonnet e.t.c)
• 2 tbsp. Iru (rinsed) or 1 okpei
• 1 small Onion
• 3 tbsp. Crayfish
• Salt to taste
Step 1: Remove the green stalk from the garden eggs and rinse. In a medium sized pot, boil the garden eggs whole for about 10 minutes till soft. This is done to soften it just enough to make blending easier. Chop the boiled garden eggs into smaller pieces and blend roughly with a little water. Some people like it smooth while others like it chunky. If you are not using a blender, you could pound the garden eggs into a smooth paste. To do this, boil the garden eggs further till the flesh swells and pops out of the skin. Peel the skin off and pound till smooth – Set this aside.
Step 2: Heat up the oil in a small sized empty pot till it loosens up a little. Add the chopped onion, and Iru. Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
Step 3: Gently pour the ground garden eggs, smoked fish, crayfish, crushed seasoning, pepper and salt into the pot. Stir and leave to cook for about 10-15 minutes before turning off the burner.
Serve with Boiled, roasted or fried yam
*3 sweet potatoes
*3 table spoonful plain Flour
*1 seasoning cube
1.Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly then peel off the skin and cut into thin slices.
2. Rinse and place the sweet potato slices in a pot, then add enough water to cover them, add salt to taste and parboil for 5 minutes,. Pour out into a sieve and set them aside,. to cool a bit.
Gloves of garlic minced
All purpose spices
1. Cut salted tilapia into desirable sizes wash and soak in water for 5 minutes to remove the salt.
2. Heat onion and garlic in oil over medium heat and stir.
3. Add blended pepper, tomatoes and salted tilapia.
4. Cook to cook for 4 – 6 minutes.
5. Taste for salt and add spices.
6. Crack eggs in a bowl and add to the stew.
7. Allow to simmer and stir.
8. Cut into cubes, wash twice and boil with enough water. Add salt.
9. When yam is soft, pour water and transfer to plate.
10. Serve yam and egg stew.
- 2 cups wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 7 eggs
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 green chilies thinly chopped
- Few coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Beat 6 eggs in a bowl and add 2 fine chopped green chilies, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, chopped onion, tomato, few chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Mix it well and keep aside.
- Now take a big bowl and mix wheat flour, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, ghee, coriander leaves and salt to taste. Also beat one egg in it.
- Knead a smooth and pliable dough with help of water.
- Heat tawa on high flame and make 6 equal sized balls from the prepared dough. Take one ball or portion and make a small roti out of it. Apply little oil, fold and roll again just like we roll Indian chapati.
- Drizzle few drops of oil on heating tawa, reduce the flame and place the rolled out roti in it.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then spread some mixture all over on it. Spread only the egg mixture of one egg, so that we should be able to make 6 egg parathas out of it.
- Cook on low flame till the paratha become fluffy and golden brown in color.
- Fold and flip it. Cook from another side as well for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the egg paratha is cooked well, that is when it is browned well, the egg mixture has also browned and cooked like an omlette, then the parathas are done.
- Your egg paratha is ready. You can cut into some pieces just before serving.