18210For the Palava Rauce :
- ¼ cup Palm Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 maggie cube
- Chopped kontomire
- 1 chopped onions
- 3 large diced tomato
- Long grain rice
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and fry the onions and garlic until golden. Add pepper and the tomatoes.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat, stirring regularly but not continuously.
- Wash kontomire and cook until it becomes soft.
- Wash salmon, remove all bones and break into pieces and add to the stew.
- Pour agushie in a bowl, add salt and stir. Add the maggie cube and mixture to the stew
- Drain any water from thawed out kontomire and add the it to stew. Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir regularly, taking care not to break up the fish too much.
- Allow to simmer under low heat.
- Boil water, add salt and rice.
Serve rice with sauce
Source : pulse.com.gh
3pack frozen Molekhia
3large chicken thighs
1fish(any will do)
3maggi cubes(tiny ones)
Dried Cat fishlett.
Red oil 4dl(I don’t usually measure) do it the African way and pour in what looks good. The Molekhia consumes the oil so u will have to pour in more later.
1 large onion
1 large habanero pepper(optional)
Seasoning.. For me I don’t normally measure seasoning since I put in about 6 different kinds of seasoning in my food, and salt in the Rice. I don’t normally use salt in the food because all the seasoning mostly consist of salt so you can skip that.
(U can use what u have) your favorite.
First Cut the chicken thighs and take out all the junks. Same as the fish and cut them according to how many pieces you want.
Put them in a pot, seasoned them well and pour about 2dl of water and let that parboil for about 10 mins.
Put in the Molekhia (in a different pot) all 3 and add water to the limit that covers it. Throw in the chopped onions and habenero pepper.
Throw in 2maggi cubes, add a bit of all your favorite seasoning( but be careful, u don’t wanna over salt them) do taste then n then to your liking. let that boil a bit, then throw in the sprawns and dry fish(the trick here is to get them to boil with the Molekhia to get that nice smell)
Let that boil till almost all of the water is gone, and put in the chicken(just the chicken, cus u don’t want the fish in there else they will get Mouchy).
Let it boil till all the water is gone and when the Molekhia is thick, put in the red oil, stir and taste, if it’s up to your liking don’t put in more cubes. But if it doesn’t have enough taste put the last cube in and let that cook and when done.. Your are ready.
2 packs Nkontomire/cocoyam leaves/ spinash
1/2 cup Agushi/ Egusi
Meat, fish, of choice, mushrooms also good
2 tins of tomato plumbs
2 large onions
Ginger, garlic to spice
1 large chilli pepper
Stock cubes,or seasons of choice
Note; Steps 11 and 12 can be done interchangeably)
1.Wash the leaves thoughroghly with lookwarm water
2.Cut the leaves into small sizes
4.Blend tomatoes,1 onion, pepper,ginger and garlic together
5.Put pan on hub and pour in the oil
6.Add the chopped onions and cook for about 3 -5 min
7.Add steamed meat/kobi,if part of ingredients allow to cook for about 5 min
8.Add the chopped tomatoes (if u prefer them chopped) and cook for 3 min
9.Add the blended tomatoes , pepper,ginger and garlic
10.Add any stocks / stock cubes/ seasons
(Allow to cook for about 10 min, for the sauce to reduce)
11.Make agushi into a paste and add to the stew, and allow to stay for a couple of minutes before stirring to create the bubbly effect.
(Allow to cook for another 3 mins)
12. Add the spinach/nkontomire leaves under a low heat now, and allow to slow cook. for about 5 min
13. Add smoked fish and taste fr salt.
14.Let it simmer and its ready
Serve with Yam, Plantain,rice, gari ball( eba) , etc.